Our email newsletter contains the latest news, R&D project successes, outcomes, funding opportunities, and events from PSCR and its partners. It is delivered every quarter to registered subscribers, with occasional updates to report on topical events.
NEW! Nationwide Survey for First Responders.
NIST recently launched a nationwide survey on public safety communication technology and needs input from first responders. If you’re a first responder, please help NIST by taking this short research survey: https://publicsafety.nist.gov/survey/pscr
CES 2019: Cool stuff at Eureka Park, ZDNet, January 2019
App, App, and Away, Critical Communications Today, November 2018
First Responder Exercise, Public-Safety LTE Workshop Highlight Winter Institute, Mission Critical Communications, September 2018
The International Future Computing Association Gathers at Immersed Summit, Cision, September 2018
PSCR Procures Star Solutions LTE Deployable Systems, Cision, September 2018
Telit Selected For AIS FirstNet Routers, CivSource, August 2018
Salina Drone Business Wins International Competition, Salina Post, July 2018
"NIST Takes Interoperability to New Heights," SIGNAL Magazine, July 2018.
- "Can a fake rescue help you save a real person? Researchers testing virtual reality think so," The Denver Channel, June 2018.
- "NIST: Michael Ogata outlines methods, challenges for vetting security of mobile applications," IWCE's Urgent Communications, June 2018
- "PSCR: Margaret Pinson outlines goals of video-quality research project," IWCE's Urgent Communications, June 2018
- "NIST develops virtual reality testbed for first responder user interfaces," Homeland Preparedness News, May 2018.
- "Sound the (virtual) alarm: NIST develops virtual reality for public safety," RCR Wireless News, May 2018.
- Episode 2: Smart Government, Safe Communities Podcast with PSCR Division Chief Dereck Orr, May 2018
- "Point Cloud City: NIST's 3-D indoor mapping model," GCN, February 2018
- "NIST Public Safety Communications Research Division Chief Dereck Orr at CES," C-SPAN, January 2018