- NIST’s Rolling Wireless Net Helps Improve First-Responder Communications
- “NIST Develops Wireless Communications System for First Responders,” (highlights PSCR’s successful techonlogy integration to form its Rapidly Deployable Public Safety Research Platform), MissionCritical Communications, August 2016.
- “PSAC Task Teams on ICAM, Local Control Kick Off Work,” FirstNet guest blog (PDF here) by Chief Harlin R. McEwen, Chairman, Public Safety Advisory Committee (task teams to coordinate with PSCR R&D projects), February 2016.
- “PSCR Location Summit Identifies Z Axis, Maps as Critical Focus Areas,” MissionCritical Communications, November 2015.
- “Texas Events Highlight Public Safety LTE Research, Real- World Scenarios,” (mentions PSCR location-based services research area), MissionCritical Communications, November 2015.
- “ITS Report Identifies Best Public-Safety LTE Speech, Audio Technologies,” (highlights ITS audio quality work at PSCR labs; view NTIA Technical Report TR-15-520), MissionCritical Communications, October 2015.
- “South Korea Plans to Deploy Mission-Critical PTT over LTE this Year,” (quotes PSCR’s Andrew Thiessen), Urgent Communications, July 2015.
- “Dereck Orr Highlights Job Opportunities at PSCR, CTL,” Urgent Communications, July 2015.
- “PSCR Seeks New Participants for Public-Safety Broadband Demo Network,” MissionCritical Communications, July 2015.
- “Dereck Orr Discusses the PSCR Program’s New Initiatives in Wake of $300 Million of New Funding,” Urgent Communications, July 2015.
- “International Push Expected to Ensure that Mission-Critical PTT Standard for LTE will be Finalized in 2016,” (quotes PSCR’s Andrew Thiessen), Urgent Communications, June 2015.
Innovation Accelerator Program
In January 2016, PSCR launched the Innovation Accelerator to spearhead cutting edge R&D efforts. To pave the way for the Innovation Accelerator, PSCR worked with its diverse stakeholder base to identify R&D priorities that have crosscutting positive impact for public safety. Technology Roadmaps are being developed to outline the critical technology gaps that were identified. The Innovation Accelerator will leverage the Roadmaps to make better- informed decisions on R&D initiatives. In the near-term, PSCR stakeholders identified five technology focus areas that will drive R&D for the Innovation Accelerator Program.