Information Technology Laboratory
- itl Expand or Collapse
- About ITL Expand or Collapse
- How to Work With Us Expand or Collapse
- ITL Publications Expand or Collapse
- ITL Priority Areas Expand or Collapse
- ITL Products and Services Expand or Collapse
- Biometric Special Databases and Software
- Computer Security Resource Center
- Cybersecurity Framework
- Healthcare - Standards & Testing
- NIST Digital Library of Mathematical Functions
- NIST/SEMATECH Engineering Statistics Handbook
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Framework
- National Software Reference Library's RDS
- National Vulnerability Database
- color FERET Database
- ITL Events
- ITL News & Updates
- NIST Industry Impacts of ITL Research
- Taking Measure Blogs on Information Technology
- ITL Standards Activities
- ITL Videos
WELCOME TO THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY
The Information Technology Laboratory (ITL), one of seven research laboratories within the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), is a globally recognized and trusted source of high-quality, independent, and unbiased research and data. ITL’s mission, to cultivate trust in information technology (IT) and metrology, is accomplished using its world-class measurement and testing facilities and encompassing a wide range of areas of computer science, mathematics, statistics, and systems engineering.
This non-regulatory role, along with ITL’s deep technical expertise in all fields of information technology, helps increase trust in IT worldwide.
The U.S. Commerce Department’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has released version 1.1 of its popular Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity, more widely known as the Cybersecurity Framework.
Published monthly, the ITL Bulletin focuses on ITL’s research and collaborative activities in cybersecurity. It often announces new ITL publications in information security and gives an overview of the research contained within.