NOTICE: Measurement Science and Engineering (MSE) Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- 2016-NIST-MSE-01 NOFO - CURRENT
- To ensure consideration in the current fiscal year, applications should be received by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on June 15, 2018.
ITL awards grants and cooperative agreements for Measurement Science and Engineering (MSE) Research Grant Programs, the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) and National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE).
- The ITL Measurement Science and Engineering (MSE) Research Grant Programs provides financial assistance to support the conduct of research or a recipient's portion of collaborative research in the broad areas of Advanced Network Technologies, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Cyber-Physical Systems, Forensic Sciences, Information Access, Information Processing and Understanding, Cybersecurity, Health Information Technology, Human Factors and Usability, and Applied and Computations Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations of Measurement Science for Information Systems, Metrology Infrastructure for Modeling and Simulation, , Privacy Engineering, Software Testing, Statistics for Metrology and Statistical Methods in Forensic Sciences.
- The National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) is a White House initiative to work collaboratively with the private sector, advocacy groups, public sector agencies, and other organizations to improve the privacy, security, and convenience of sensitive online transactions.
- The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) is a partnership between government, academia, and the private sector focused on cybersecurity education, training, and workforce development. The mission of NICE is to energize and promote a robust network and an ecosystem of cybersecurity education, training, and workforce development. NICE fulfills this mission by coordinating with government, academic, and industry partners to build on existing successful programs, facilitate change and innovation, and bring leadership and vision to increase the number of skilled cybersecurity professionals helping to keep our Nation secure.