NIST published two conformity assessment documents: SP2000-01: ABC’s of Conformity Assessment and SP2000-02: Conformity Assessment Considerations for Federal Agencies. view more
Standards.gov is administered by the Standards Coordination Office (SCO) at NIST. This site provides:
- background materials and resources on the documentary standards and conformity assessment landscape that are useful for industry and academia;
- useful documentary standards and conformity assessment information freely available to the general public; and
- information about the use of documentary standards and conformity assessment activities in the Federal government.
Standards provide industries and innovators with a common language that facilitates trade, simplifies transactions and enables people to work together toward greater common goals that cut across disciplines and borders. NIST supports the development of standards by identifying areas where they are needed, convening stakeholders and providing technical and scientific guidance and expertise to help stakeholder groups reach a consensus.
- Conformity Assessment Resources for Federal Agencies
- USA WTO TBT Inquiry Point
- Standards and Conformity Assessment Training for Government Agencies
- Telecom Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs)
- NTTAA and OMB A-119
- Interagency Committee on Standards Policy (ICSP)
- Where to Find Standards
- Standards Executive Resources
- Search SIBR Database