Stakeholders Meeting: June 4 – 6, 2013 (Westminster, CO)
• Session Descriptions
• Speaker Biographies
The PSCR program hosted the annual three-day Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting, which had over 500 attendees, brought together representatives from public safety, Federal agencies, industry, and academia.
The FirstNet Board held their June Board Meeting the morning of June 4, 2013, which was webcasted live from the PSCR Meeting Room. Immediately following the Board Meeting, PSCR kicked off the 2013 Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting with a keynote address from FirstNet Chairman, Sam Ginn.
The 2013 Meeting provided an opportunity for FirstNet Board members and their technical staff to inform stakeholders about current FirstNet efforts, as well as provide an opportunity for stakeholders to ask questions and provide feedback to FirstNet, PSCR, DHS, NTIA, and other partners.
In addition, subject matter and industry experts presented on some of the most pressing and important technical PSBB communications topics. Significant time was dedicated to topic-specific Q&A as well as a dedicated Q&A session informed by a pre-event questionnaire that facilitated informative discussions and feedback opportunity for participants.
Meeting topics included:
• PSBB demonstration network test results
• Recent public safety broadband requirements gathering and standards development activities
• Public safety broadband security
• Nationwide broadband modeling and simulation efforts and results
• NTIA SLIGP Program Updates
• DHS OEC Stakeholder Technical Assistance Program Updates
• FirstNet and PSAC Updates