Focus of Project:
GTRI will create a testing platform to enable objective comparisons on the efficacy of new methods and devices in scenarios important to first responders. Designed from the ground up with a data-driven perspective, ARTEMIS will be a comprehensive system capable of creating, modifying, and testing new scenarios, technologies, and capabilities.
- Task 1: Create a realistic VR environment
- Task 2: Create the scenario management system
- Task 3: Select and model Technology Innovations
- Task 4: Select and integrate sensor systems
- Task 5: Custom Scenario creation
- Task 6: Determine summary output and visualizations
- Task 7: VR interactive after-action reporting tool
BENEFITS AND IMPACTS
The final product will not be just another isolated technology, but an analysis suite capable of integrating with any tool or technology whose data output is correctly formatted. NIST can expect a fully configurable user experience, capabilities for testing simulated or real tools in Virtual Reality, integration with low-tech test suites, and a framework for future expansion.