Stakeholders Meeting: June 3 – 5, 2015 (San Diego, CA)
• Session Descriptions
• Speaker Biographies
The PSCR program hosted the annual three-day Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting, which had over 500 attendees, brought together representatives from public safety, Federal agencies, industry, and academia.
The FirstNet Board held their June Board Meeting the morning of June 3, 2015 which was webcasted live from the PSCR Meeting Room. Following the Board Meeting, PSCR kicked off the 2015 PSCR Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting with a keynote address from the FirstNet Chairwoman, Sue Swenson.
The 2015 Meeting provided an opportunity for FirstNet Board members and their technical staff to inform stakeholders about current FirstNet efforts, as well as provide an opportunity for stakeholders to ask questions and provide feedback to FirstNet, PSCR, DHS, NTIA, and other partners.
Meeting topics included PSCR efforts in the following areas:
• Research & development roadmapping (link to the Roadmapping project page)
• 3GPP standards work
• Evaluation of tools addressing network congestion and priority
• Research assessing broadband codecs in loud noise environments
• Modeling and simulation (device-to-device and high power UE over LTE)
• In-building testing and extended-range cell testing
• Cybersecurity research efforts focused on public safety mobile applications and identity management