Stakeholders Meeting: June 3 – 5, 2014 (Westminster, CO)
• Session Descriptions
• Speaker Biographies
The PSCR program hosted the annual three-day Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting, which had over 500 attendees, brought together representatives from public safety, Federal agencies, industry, and academia.
The FirstNet Board held their June Board Meeting the morning of June 3, 2014 which was webcasted live from the PSCR Meeting Room. Following the Board Meeting, PSCR kicked off the 2014 Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting with a keynote address from the newly announced FirstNet Chairwoman, Sue Swenson.
The 2014 Meeting provided an opportunity for FirstNet Board members and their technical staff to inform stakeholders about current FirstNet efforts, as well as provide an opportunity for stakeholders to ask questions and provide feedback to FirstNet, PSCR, DHS, NTIA, and other partners.
Meeting topics included PSCR efforts in the following areas:
• Research & development roadmapping
• Broadband modeling and simulation efforts and results
• In-building testing and extended-range cell testing
• Priority, pre-emption, and quality of service
• Video quality and the VQiPS tool for video requirements recommendations
• Audio quality — ABC-MRT tool and audio library to accelerate speech intelligibility testing
• Next-generation network wireless priority services testing & evaluation
• Public safety broadband requirements gathering and standards development activities