Global Excellence Council
The Global Excellence Council (GEC) consists of organizations that are recognized globally as the guardians of premier excellence models and award programs in their geographic regions.
For Baldrige, Council membership is a way of benchmarking our excellence model and award process with other programs. Since the first Council meeting in 2000, member organizations have used this global fraternity to work on common concerns and guide future development. Council members share learning and best practices, support and promote members' interests and activities, and participate in cross-national working groups.
The GEC helps organizations improve the effectiveness of excellence programs to benefit all stakeholders.
The GEC defines and promotes excellence to improve the competitiveness organizations across the globe.
- Australian Organisational Excellence Foundation (AOEF)
- Baldrige Performance Excellence Program (United States)
- China Association for Quality (CAQ)
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII; India)
- Dubai Government Excellence Program (DGEP; United Arab Emirates)
- European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM)
- Fundação Nacional da Qualidade (FNQ; Brazil)
- Fundación Iberoamericana para la Gestión de la Calidad (FUNDIBEQ; Iberian Peninsula and Latin America)
- Instituto para el Fomento a la Calidad Total (IFCT; Mexico)
- Japan Quality Award (JQA)
- Malaysia Productivity Center
- Enterprise Singapore
Current members may recruit organizations to the Council, or individual organizations may make a formal approach to one of the members.