Global Excellence Council
The Global Excellence Council consists of organizations that are recognized globally as the guardians of premier excellence models and award programs in their geographic regions.
For Baldrige, Council membership is a way of benchmarking our excellence model and award process with other programs. Since the first Council meeting in 2000, member organizations have used this global fraternity to work on common concerns and guide future development. Council members share learning and best practices, support and promote members' interests and activities, and participate in cross-national working groups.
Global Excellence Council Mission
Through a formalized approach for sharing knowledge, expertise, and information, the members of GEM Council, as guardians of premier excellence models and award processes globally, enhance the value for their customers and other stakeholders by
- Maintaining a leading-edge position on excellence models
- Sensing business trends and external factors that impact the excellence models
- Creating a global fraternity in the field of excellence
- Exploring opportunities for new products/activities
- Coordinating and sharing specific excellence award activities
- Agreeing on consistent public communications on organizational excellence
Global Excellence Council Members
- Australian Organisational Excellence Foundation (AOEF)
- Baldrige Performance Excellence Program (United States)
- China Association for Quality (CAQ)
- Dubai Government Excellence Program (DGEP; United Arab Emirates)
- European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM)
- Fundação Nacional da Qualidade (FNQ; Brazil)
- Fundación Iberoamericana para la Gestión de la Calidad (FUNDIBEQ; Iberian Peninsula and Latin America)
- Instituto para el Fomento a la Calidad Total (IFCT; Mexico)
- Japan Quality Award (JQA)
- Malaysia Productivity Center
- Enterprise Singapore
Current members may recruit organizations to the Council, or individual organizations may make a formal approach to one of the members.