Ten Print Capture - Scanner & Software Requirements Workshop Presentations.
- DOS-Ted Halstead
- DODBFC-David Lohman
- FBI-Tom Hopper
- NIJ-Chris Miles
- NIST-Mike McCabe
- REQUIREMENTS QA-Mark Crego
- Agenda and Answers to Questions
- Capture Scanner Requirements 0.9 Final 9-30-05
Fingerprint Vendor Technology Evaluation (FpVTE) 2003
- Summary of Results [2.6 Mb]
- Analysis Report [4.3 Mb]
- Appendix A [1.1 Mb] - Announcement and Website Documents
- Appendix B [8.7 Mb] - System Description Documents
- Appendix C [8.6 Mb] - System Specific Results
- Appendix D [3.1 Mb] - Details of Results
- Appendix E [0.4 Mb] - Test Design and Analysis Issues
- Appendix F [0.8 Mb] - Participant Responses
PATRIOT Act Reports/Presentations
NISTIR 7346 Studies in Biometric Fusion by Brad Ulery (Mitretek Systems), Austin Hicklin (Mitretek Systems), Craig Watson (NIST), William Fellner (Mitretek Systems) and Peter Hallinan (Mitretek Systems Consultant),September 2006.
- Analysis Report [729K].
- Appendix A [710K] - Terminology, Experimental Design and Data Description
- Appendix B [1497K] - Effectiveness of Score-Level Fusion
- Appendix C [375K] - Evaluation of Selected Biometric Fusion Techniques
- Appendix D [349K] - Fusion by Logistic Regression
- Appendix E [1237K] - Modeling Biometric Score Distributions
Solid-State Fingerprint Scanners - A survey of Technologies talk given at NIST by Phillip D. Wasserman (NIST Guest Researcher) on November 30, 2005. PDF Document [692K].
NIST Fingerprint Image Quality
- NISTIR 7151[2,451K] - NIST Fingerprint Image Quality
- Appendix A[62K] - ROC's and Data set quality distributions. Appendix A results for each SDK are in separate files. Each file is about 1-1.4MB in size. A B C D E F G H I J K L N VTB Appendix A results for the DATASETS[104K]
- Appendix B[418K] - Trellis plots of feature vector components and performance.
SDK Testing Results
- NISTIR 7249 (July 2005)[122K] - Two Finger Matching with Vendor SDK Matchers.
- Table Associating Vendor Names with SDK Letters
- NISTIR 7221 (April 2005)[62K] - Studies of One-to-One Fingerprint Matching with Vendor SDK Matchers,
- Appendix A[53K] - Datasets ranked for each SDK,
- Appendix B[240K] - SDKs ranked for each dataset,
- Appendix C[5,213K] - ROC plots for each SDK,
- Appendix D[3,795K] - ROC plots for each dataset,
- Appendix E[94K] - ROC datapoints for each SDK,
- Appendix F[67K] - ROC datapoints for each dataset.
This presentation is an overview of biometrics work for the PATRIOT ACT (September 23, 2003) - PPT Format[1,907K].
As a result of the PATRIOT Act, Congress has tasked NIST with a statutory mandate to develop and certify a highly accurate technology standard that shall include biometric identifiers. The first presentation is an interim summary report of the progress made through August, 2002 PDF Format[626K] and the second report is an updated version from November, 2002 PDF Format[436K].
International Meeting of Biometric Experts, March 23-25, 2004.
- "International Data Sharing Issues," R.M. McCabe, PPT Format[237K]
- "Large Scale USA PATRIOT Act Biometric Testing," C.L. Wilson, PPT Format[1,476K]
- "Collecting Multimodal Biometric Data," R.J. Michaels, PPT Format[1,267K]
- "Face Recognition Grand Challenge," P.J. Phillips, PPT Format[610K]
Summary of NIST Standards for Biometric Accuracy, Tamper Resistance, and Interoperability.
This is Appendix A from "Use of Technology Standards and Interoperable Databases With Machine-Readable, Tamper-Resistant Travel Documents," which is a joint report to Congress from Department of Justice, Department of State, and National Institute of Standards and Technology.
This report was the latest data available on November 13, 2002 when the report was prepared. Since that time, NIST has determined that the fingerprint system used was not as accurate as current state-of-the-art fingerprint systems and is approximately equivalent to commercial fingerprint systems available in 1998. NIST Appendix A[408K]
Facial Recognition Vendor Test 2002
- Overview and Summary [544KB]
- Evaluation Report [4.0MB]
- Technical Appendices [7.2MB]
- Supplemental Report [1,742KB] - This report is intended to supplement the primary FRVT 2002 reports and to be relevant to more specialized audiences, particularly standards makers, policy makers, and developers in face recognition and other biometric fields including fusion.
A listing of NIST Special Databases containing fingerprint and face data.