FpMV : Release BETA 3.0
The Fingerprint Minutiae Viewer (FpMV) distribution is developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The goal of this software is to provide researchers a tool to view a fingerprint image with minutiae points overlaid on top of the fingerprint. The minutiae detection is based on "mindtct" application from the NIST Biometric Image Software (NBIS). Highlights
- Displays minutiae on a fingerprint image.
- Image support: *.bmp, *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, *.raw, *.tif and *.wsq.
- Supports Drag and Drop feature to load an image.
- Supports zoom in, zoom out and panning on an image.
- Displays the dimension of an image.
- Displays the total minutiae detected by "mindtct".
- Displays the minutiae based on user selected quality value.
- Supports brightness feature that allows users to adjust the image brightness.
- Supports contrast feature that allows users to adjust the image contrast.
- Supports opacity feature that allows users to adjust the transparency of an image.
- Supports opacity feature that allows users to adjust the transparency of fingerprint minutiae point(s)
- Supports minutiae representation on both IAFIS and INICTS 378 format (M1).
- Supports minutiae recalculate feature that recalculates all minutiae points based on the current image brightness and contrast setting.
- Retrieves NFIQ score based on the current image brightness and contrast.
Some screenshots of the FpMV in action with fingerprint image. Click on the thumbnails for a detail image.
Successful loading of a fingerprint image.
Display minutiae based on minutiae quality value
Opacity of a fingerprint Image
Opacity of minutiae points
Adjust brightness and contrast
Thank you for your interest in using the FpMV software. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to provide individual support for this software, but do welcome comments for improvement.