There is no denying that ongoing efforts to improve our cybersecurity posture is of national importance. Within the Federal Government, our cybersecurity strength is enhanced by acting together to build a unified cybersecurity workforce capability across the Federal enterprise.
To support this collective action, cybersecurity workforce community leaders will host a Summit for Federal employees on April 27, 2021.
The Summit will feature colleagues who are working first-hand on initiatives geared toward attracting and strengthening vital cybersecurity talent webinar series where experts share information about the federal cybersecurity workforce.
- To provide strategic and program updates from key departments and agencies that influence cybersecurity workforce legislation, policy, guidance, and standards
- To highlight key projects and initiatives that support the growth and sustainment of the Federal cybersecurity workforce
- To create a sense of community among individuals in Federal departments and agencies with similar responsibilities for building a superior cybersecurity workforce
- IT and Cybersecurity Workforce Developers
- Hiring Managers with responsibility for building and developing cybersecurity talent
- Human Resource Specialists
- Curriculum Developers and Instructors who train the Federal IT and Cybersecurity Workforce
- Chief Information Officers and Chief Information Security Officers
- Chief Human Capital Officers (CHCOs) and Deputy CHCOs who support cybersecurity talent management
- Legislative Affairs Personnel or Policy Advisors responsible for Department and Agency Workforce Legislation and Policy
Save The Date:
2021 Federal Cybersecurity Workforce Summit - April 27, 2021
Past Event recordings:
- Summit (virtual) – June 23, 2020, 1:30-4:00 p.m. EDT
- 4-Part Webinar Series - recordings, when available, will be shared on the OMB MAX Cybersecurity Page
- Pay Flexibilities - July 21, 2020, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT
- Hiring Flexibilities - August 11, 2020, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT
- Candidate Assessment - September 15, 2020, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT
- Interpretive Guidance for Cybersecurity Positions - October 1, 2020, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT
This event is co-hosted by the Office of Personnel Management and the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) in cooperation with the National Security Council, Office of Management and Budget, Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency, Department of Defense, Chief Human Capital Officers Council, and the Chief Information Officers Council Workforce Committee.