Draft Refactored Knowledge and Skill Statements for Public Comment
Comments due June 3, 2022
NIST Special Publication 800-181 revision 1, the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework), provides a set of building blocks for describing the tasks, knowledge, and skills that are needed to perform cybersecurity work performed by individuals and teams. Through these building blocks, the NICE Framework enables organizations to develop their workforces to perform cybersecurity work, and it helps learners to explore cybersecurity work and to engage in appropriate learning activities to develop their knowledge and skills.
- On April 19, 2022 NICE released draft refactored Knowledge and Skill statements for public comment. Learn more here.
- On December 15, 2021 NICE held a webinar on "Witnessing an Evolution- The NICE Framework and its Role in Building a Better Cybersecurity Workforce." Learn more here.
- On December 15, 2021 NICE released a draft NICE Framework Data Update Process, draft refactored NICE Framework Ability Statements, and a second draft of NICE Framework Competencies (NISTIR 8355) for public comment. A machine-readable version of the NICE Framework data was also released. Learn more here.
- On October 28, 2021 NICE shared a Playbook for Workforce Frameworks poster at ITL Science Day.
- On September 29, 2021 the CAE in Cybersecurity Community and NICE held a workshop entitled "Developing a Workforce for Security Awareness and Behavior Change." For more information, see the workshop presentation slides.