NIST Special Publication 800-181 revision 1, the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework), provides a set of building blocks for describing the tasks, knowledge, and skills that are needed to perform cybersecurity work performed by individuals and teams. Through these building blocks, the NICE Framework enables organizations to develop their workforces to perform cybersecurity work, and it helps learners to explore cybersecurity work and to engage in appropriate learning activities to develop their knowledge and skills.
- On March 23rd and 25th, the CAE in Cybersecurity Community and NICE held a workshop entitled "NICE Framework Competencies: Moving from Concept to Implementation." For more information, see the workshop report or workshop presentation slides.
- On March 17, 2021, NICE announced draft NISTIR 8355, NICE Framework Competencies: Assessing Learners for Cybersecurity Work, and a draft List of Competencies for public comment by May 3, 2021. Learn more here.
- On February 11, 2021, NICE announced the NICE Framework Success Stories catalog.
- On January 27, 2021, NICE launched the NEW NICE Framework Users Group. Learn more here.
- On November 16, 2020, NICE released the NIST SP 800-181 Revision 1, the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity. Learn more here.
- On October 29, 2020, NICE held a workshop on “NICE Framework: Adoption Strategies” as part of the 2020 NICE Conference & Expo.
- On July 15, 2020, NICE released a draft revision to the NICE Framework. Learn more here.
- On July 15, 2020, NICE will hold a webinar on "What’s New - Revisions to the NICE Framework." Learn more and register here.
- On March 18, 2020, NICE held a webinar on “NICE Framework Uses and Success Stories.” Learn more and view the recording here.
- On December 3, 2019, NICE held a webinar on “How You Can Influence an Update to the NICE Framework. Learn more and view the recording here.
- On November 19, 2019, NIST announced plans to update the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework, NIST Special Publication 800-181. The public is invited to provide input by Jan. 13, 2020 for consideration in the update.
- On November 18, 2019, Bill Newhouse (NICE Program Office) led a seminar focused on applications and uses of the NICE Framework at the NICE Conference and Expo in Phoenix, Arizona.