NIST Special Publication 800-181 revision 1, the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework), provides a set of building blocks for describing the tasks, knowledge, and skills that are needed to perform cybersecurity work performed by individuals and teams. Through these building blocks, the NICE Framework enables organizations to develop their workforces to perform cybersecurity work, and it helps learners to explore cybersecurity work and to engage in appropriate learning activities to develop their knowledge and skills.
- On November 16, NICE released the NIST SP 800-181 Revision 1, the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity. Learn more here.
- On October 29, NICE held a workshop on “NICE Framework: Adoption Strategies” as part of the 2020 NICE Conference & Expo.
- On July 15, 2020, NICE released a draft revision to the NICE Framework. Learn more here.
- On July 15, 2020, NICE will hold a webinar on "What’s New - Revisions to the NICE Framework." Learn more and register here.
- On March 18, 2020, NICE held a webinar on “NICE Framework Uses and Success Stories.” Learn more and view the recording here.
- On December 3, 2019, NICE held a webinar on “How You Can Influence an Update to the NICE Framework. Learn more and view the recording here.
- On November 19, 2019, NIST announced plans to update the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework, NIST Special Publication 800-181. The public is invited to provide input by Jan. 13, 2020 for consideration in the update.
- On November 18, 2019, Bill Newhouse (NICE Program Office) led a seminar focused on applications and uses of the NICE Framework at the NICE Conference and Expo in Phoenix, Arizona.