The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework) (NIST Special Publication 800-181, revision 1) provides a set of building blocks for describing the tasks, knowledge, and skills that are needed to perform cybersecurity work performed by individuals and teams. Through these building blocks, the NICE Framework enables organizations to develop their workforces to perform cybersecurity work, and it helps learners to explore cybersecurity work and to engage in appropriate learning activities to develop their knowledge and skills.
- On December 5, 2022 at the NICE K12 Cybersecurity Education Conference, the NICE Program Office announced the NICE Framework K12 FAQ. Learn more here.
- On August 2, 2022 the NICE Program Office submitted the report "Measuring Cybersecurity Workforce Capabilities: Defining a Proficiency Scale for the NICE Framework" to Congress. Learn more here.
- On June 7, 2022 the NICE Framework Users Group met at the NICE Conference & Expo in Atlanta, Georgia. Learn more here.
- On June 6, 2022 NICE held a workshop at the NICE Conference & Expo on "Using NICE Framework Competencies to Build a Better Cybersecurity Workforce." Learn more here.
- On April 19, 2022 NICE released draft refactored Knowledge and Skill statements for public comment. Learn more here.