- Spring – published April 3, 2017
- Summer – published June 28, 2017
- Fall – published September 25, 2017
- See all NICE eNewsletters here.
Launch of New NICE Website
- In the Spring of 2017, the NICE Program Office updated and refreshed the NICE Website to better meet the needs of the NICE Community and visitors. The new website design features changes to site navigation and increased visibility to NICE news and events on both desktop and mobile devices.
- See all NICE One-Pagers here.
ITL Science Day Posters
- In 2017 a multimedia page was added to the NICE website to archives videos, audio interviews, and other recordings that are sponsored by the NICE Program Office or feature NICE Program Office Staff as speakers.
- See all NICE Multimedia here.
Exhibits and Displays
- CyberSecureGov (ISC2)
- National Cyber Summit
- Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education (CISSE)
- Community College Cyber Summit (3CS)
- NICE Conference
- NICE K12 Cybersecurity Education Conference
Veterans in Cybersecurity Workforce Workshop
- Workshop: held March 21, 2017
- Publication of Results: Coming in 2018
- January - Cybersecurity Games: Building Tomorrow’s Workforce
- February – Best Practices for Educating, Training, Attracting, and Retaining Millennials
- March – Building a Career Pathways System for Cybersecurity
- April – Rethinking Credentials for Cybersecurity Careers
- June – The President’s Executive Order on Cybersecurity Workforce: Next Steps and How to Engage
- June – Position the National Guard and Civilian Organizations to Augment the Cybersecurity Workforce
- July – Shedding Light on Security Clearances – process, Requirements, and Considerations
- September – Efforts to Align Training and Certifications to the NICE Framework
- October – Cybersecurity Careers for Autistic People
- November – A Path to Obtaining Cybersecurity Work Experience: Internships, Cooperative Education, and Apprenticeships
- See all NICE Webinars here.
Report to the President on Workforce for Cybersecurity Executive Order
- Updates: August and November
- Enhancements: Widget, Public and Private Sector Jobs, Feeder Jobs
- Find out more about CyberSeek here.
NICE Challenge Project
- Enhancements: overhaul of the web platform user interface and re-design of deployment processes, now over 70 unique challenges available.
- Kick off of "Curator Crash Course" webinars which cover everything a new curator would need to know to get started using the NICE Challenges.
- Kick off of "Meet the NICE Challenges" webinars which cover two challenges in depth each month.
- Find out more about the NICE Challenge Project here.
NICE RAMPS Communities
- Site Visits: Albany, NY; Norfolk, VA; Phoenix, AZ; Dayton,OH
- Accomplishments: partnerships with over 170 organizations, multiple summer camps provided, curriculum development and course development, articulation agreements, and the establishment of local internships and apprenticeships.
- Find out more about RAMPS here.
OPM New Employee Orientation Committee/Advisory Group
Briefings: Australia, Germany, Israel, Japan, United Kingdom, Italy
Presentations: Japan, Canada/New Brunswick
NICE Working Group
NICE Interagency Coordinating Council
- Meetings: 9 Monthly Meetings (January, February, March, April, May, August, September, October, December)
- For additional information please visit here.