On topics pertaining to the burgeoning Information Security discipline, including guiding curricular standards, aligning academic pathways to the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles, and stimulating the development of approaches and techniques that can more rapidly increase the supply of qualified cybersecurity workers. View the full Collegiate Subgroup Charter here .
Collegiate Subgroup Co-Chairs:
Eastern New Mexico University
Dr. Denise Kinsey
University of Houston
Current Project Teams:
- Cybersecurity Career Pathways - Develop model career pathways for cybersecurity-related positions that can be used in the private and public sectors.
- Tools, Technologies, and Skill Sets - Look at tools and technologies for students to show their skillsets.
- Value of Higher Education - Provide research, assessment, and a white paper and/or one-pager on the value of higher education.
Accomplishments & Deliverables:
- NICE Strategic Plan review
- Project Charter
- Decision on focus areas
- Survey and information gathering on potential projects
- Subgroup mission review
To join this group, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Collegiate Subscribe”, and with your full name and email address in the body of the message. This group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 2:00 pm Eastern Time.