April 1 - 4, 2014 National Institute of Standards and Technology
Presentations of the International Biometric Performance Conference, 2014. This page is intended as a permanent archive of the presentations delivered to the IBPC 2014.
Presentations of the International Biometrics Performance Conference, 2014
In a few cases the files linked here are slightly abridged versions of what was actually presented. There are a few video links with the talks. The four co-chairs are grateful to the speakers for their assistance in preparing this proceedings.
Day 1 Presentations (Zip file)
Day 2 Presentations (Zip file)
Day 3 Presentations (Zip file)
The presentations are listed alphabetically by speaker name.
- Andre Anjos and Sebastain Marcel, BEAT, "Reproducible biometrics evaluation and testing with the BEAT platform". BEAT Prototype MP4
- Sunpreet Arora, Kai Cao, Nick Paulter and Anil Jain, MSU, "3D fingerprint phantom". phantom.avi
- Dan Bachenheimer, Accenture, "Performance measurement in ABC and surveillance scenarios".
- Oliver Bausinger, BSI, "NFIQ 2.0 Adoption and use-cases: in EU:e-passport, EU-VIS and U.S."
- Kevin Bowyer, University of Notre Dame, "Comments on iris template aging and IREX VI".
- Ralph Breithaupt, BSI, "Steps & stones with presentation attack detection - PAD projects @ BSI" video zip file
- Christoph Busch, Hochschule Darmstadt-CASED, "Presentation attack detection for smartphone finger image recognition".
- Christoph Busch, Hoshschule Darmstadt-CASED, "An introduction to the European Association for Biometrics".
- Jim Cambier, Crossmatch, "A matcher-independent approach to quality normalization".
- John Campbell, Bion Biometrics, "New Zealand SmartGate - Using quantitative performance information to improve convenience + security".
- Raoul Cooper, British Airways, "Lessons from implementing biometrics in an airport environment".
- Bojan Cukic, WVU, "Multi-stage stratified sampling for the design of large scale biometric recognition systems".
- Adam Czajka, Warsaw University of Technology, "Pupil dynamics for presentation attach detection in iris recognition". PDHD.wmv Pupil Dynamics.avi
- Belen Fernandez-Saavedra, U. Carlos III, "Environmental testing of ABC systems".
- Belen Fernandez-Saavedra, U. Carlos III, "Biometric Performance and usabililty of commercial fingerprint scanners".
- Stéphane Gentric, Morpho, "Semi-supervised evaluation of face recognition in videos".
- Dmitry Gorodnichy, CBSA, "Automated Border Control systems as part of e-border crossing process".
- Dmitry Gorodnichy, CBSA, "PROVE-IT(FRiV): framework and results".
- John Garofolo, NIST, "Video analytics evaluation methods".
- Patrick Grother, NIST, "Quantifying iris permanence using operational data".
- Peter Johnson and Stephanie Schuckers, Clarkson University, "Evaluation of presentation attack detection".
- Çağtay Karabot, UEKAE Turkey, "Privacy evaluation of biohashing methods".
- Scott Klum, Hu Han, Brendan Klare and Anil Jain, MSU, "Sketch to photo matching".
- Emanuela Marasco, WVU, "Enhancement of interoperability between optical fingerprint sensors".
- Nick Megna, FBI, "The Next Generation Identification capability".
- Elaine Newton, NIST, "Attacks at the Sensor: Standards development on presentation attacks and liveness detection".
- Markus Nuppeney, BSI, "Automated Border Control - sate of play and latest developments".
- Martin Olsen and Christoph Busch, Hochschule Darmstadt, "Standardization :: ISO/IEC 29794-4 mapping NFIQ 2.0 quality components to impairments".
- Norman Poh, University of Surrey, "Multimodal aging". Multimodal aging.MP4
- Vivek Raghavan and Araj Mashruwala, UIDAI, "Massive Scale Biometric Authentication System".
- Shantanu Rane, MERL, "The ISO/IEC 30136 standard for testing of template protection schemes".
- Christian Rathgeb, Hochschule Darmstadt - CASED, "A biometric for life - potential for a lifetime breeder document".
- Marek Rejman Greene, UK Home Office, "ERNCIP: a European approach to standardization and testing of systems for protection of critical infrastructures".
- Marek Rejman Greene, UK Home Office, "Adding value to CCTV: Issues n testing of facial recognition systems".
- Arun Ross, MSU, "De-identifying biometric images for enhancing privacy and security".
- Raul Sanchez Reillo, U. Carlos III, "Anti-spoofing evaluation of dynamic handwritten signature algorithms".
- Günter Schumacher, EU-Joint Research Center, "Child fingerprint recognition".
- Michael Schwaiger + Elham Tabassi, Secunet + NIST, "NFIQ 2.0 open source: Operational release + Development kit".
- Aruna Shenony, NPL, "De-identification of a face inclusive of age, gender and expression".
- Yunlian Sun and Massimo Titarelli, Universita di Sassari, "Short-term and long-term aging analysis in human faces".
- Elham Tabassi, NIST, "NFIQ 2.0::Design, implementation, and performance evaluation".
- Elham Tabassi, NIST, "ISO/IEC 29794-6 quantitative standardization of iris image quality".
- Mary Theofanos, NIST, "Factors in evaluating the usability of biometric systems".
- Michael Thieme, IBG, "Evaluation of Facebook and Google + face processing".
- Bradford T. Ulery, Noblis, "Measuring what latent print examiners consider sufficient information for individualization".
- Arun Vemury, DHS, "Biometric Technology Evaluations for Re-engineering Entry/Exit Operations in Airports".
- Benoit Vibert, UNICAEN/ENSICAEN, "Biometric sensor and match-on-card evaluation platform".
- Zhigang Yao and Christophe Rosenberger, ENSICAEN, "Utility validation of a new fingerprint quality metric".
- Soweon Yoon and Anil Jain, MSU, "On the persistence of fingerprints".