Data Reduction using Macros built for Igor Pro
SANS and USANS Data Reduction and Analysis software, written by Steve Kline, is provided by NIST Center for Neutron Research in a visual and user-friendly form. The NCNR software is compatible with Macintosh/PC platforms and requires IGOR Pro be installed. You do not have to purchase IGOR Pro - a free demo version of IGOR Pro is available, and will produce ASCII output that can easily be read in by other graphics or analysis software packages. IGOR Pro is a commercial software product available to Mac/PC users.
Current Release: v7.85 - August 2018
An upgrade of the reduction and analysis software has been completed based on user suggestions. These changes enhance the tools available to our users in order to plan better experiments, and permit faster, more complex analyses of their scattering data than are currently possible.
- All of the SANS and USANS Reduction and Analysis procedures are now in a single download package that includes an installer and updater.
- Installation package: NCNR_SANS_package.zip
- Installation instructions: Install_Instructions.txt
- How to install the SANS Package: Install_SANS_Package.mp4
- A Quick Start guide to the package is highlighted in video documentation
- What's New?
- Manuals are included in the download package, or are available separately:
- Some of the new features in the package are highlighted in video documentation
- IGOR Pro and the free demo version of Igor are available from WaveMetrics.
Data Analysis using SasView
The recommended tool for analyzing small-angle scattering data is SasView. SasView was originally developed as part of the DANSE project funded by the US NSF under Award DMR-0520547, but is currently maintained by a collaboration between UTK, UMD, NIST, ORNL, ISIS, ESS, ILL, ANSTO, TU Delft, DLS, BAM and the scattering community. SasView also contains code developed with funding from the EU Horizon 2020 programme under the SINE2020 project (Grant No 654000). A list of individual contributors can be found at: http://www.sasview.org/contact.html.
The NCNR Igor Pro Macros feature an analysis package, but the analysis portion is no longer supported or maintained.