MINEX II - Validation of Template Generators
The MINEX II evaluation plan requires all submitted template generators to convert a grayscale fingerprint raster to a valid INCITS 378:2004 template. Such templates are subsequently converted to ISO/IEC 19794-2 compact card templates for matching. The purpose of this section is to establish procedures for validation of the INCITS 378 templates. The validation process demonstrates that the outputs of your template generator are conformant instances of INCITS 378:2004, and that NIST and the supplier are able to generate identical templates by each independenly running the software on a common set of input images.
- Download the set of validation images and follow the instructions in the README file.
- Email the zipped templates to minexII@nist.gov clearly labelling the supplier name and SDK instance.
MINEX II - Validation of Matchers
Matcher validation allows the supplier to be confident that the submitted matcher is executing correctly. Both NIST and the supplier run both PC and card-based matchers on a common set of input templates and then check that the output similarity scores are identical. The MINEX II evaluation of match-on-card respects the Biometric Information Template (BIT) stored on the card. Thus the conversion of INCITS 378:2004 templates to ISO/IEC 19794-2 compact card (ISO-CC) templates is parameterized by the BIT values for sort order and maximum number of minutiae. MINEX II participants should select from the list below the correct set of compact card templates, follow the README instructions therein, and submit the output similarity scores to NIST at minexII@nist.gov. NIST will then attempt to regenerate those scores given the BIT.
- Zip of sorted XY ascending ISO-CC templates
- Zip of sorted XY descending ISO-CC templates
- Zip of sorted YX ascending ISO-CC templates
- Zip of sorted YX descending ISO-CC templates
- Zip of unsorted ISO-CC templates
Note that these zipped ISO-CC templates contain no more than 42 minutia.