The NIST Office of Weights and Measures proficiency testing program is limited in scope to only those calibration laboratories who participate in our U.S. Regional Measurement Assurance Program and conducts proficiency tests only in mass calibration, volume calibration and length (steel tapes and rules) calibration. (Ref. NISTIR 7214, sections 1.0 & 1.6.) In addition to the program publications posted below, you can read more about our program operations in this paper, which was published in the NCSL International, Metrologist, June 2012.
OWM Policy & Quality System
- "NISTIR 7082" "Proficiency Test Policy Plan"
January, 2018 - PDF
- "NISTIR 7214" "Weights and Measures Division Quality Manual For Proficiency Testing and Interlaboratory Comparisons"
Revision Date: March, 2005 - DOC PDF
Tools and Resources
- PT SOP - PDF
- PT Minimap SOP - PDF
- PT Planning Workbook - EXCEL
- - EXCEL
- Youden Analysis Template - EXCEL
Ken Fraley, Oklahoma Bureau of Standards
- Calibration Certificate Review Template - DOC
- PT Reporting Template - DOC
- PT Follow Up - DOC