NIST OWM has a number of seminars scheduled for 2017 and 2018. The webinars are two hours in length with specific learning objectives and activities designed to engage participants in an online environment. Each NIST OWM webinar generally begins at 2 PM and ends at 4 PM on the dates shown below. There is often prework and prerequisites and learning objectives provided to participants prior to each session.
You can register to participate via the OWM Database. The current fee for webinars is $199 and confirmed participants will be provided a web link to make a payment. Registration fees for State weights and measures metrologists are funded by NIST OWM.
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar.
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows XP (Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5x (Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
2. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Player 11.2+ installed on your computer. Please visit Adobe® Flash® (link is external)to download the Flash Player.
3. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
How to register
Before you request training, you must first establish an account in the Office of Weights and Measures Contacts System. The following is a list of helpful instructions.
- Quick Guide for OWM Contacts System
- How to Reset Password Using the Contacts System
- How to Request Training & Transcript Using the Contacts System-PDF
- How to Request Publications using OWM Contacts System
PLEASE NOTE, your request to establish an account will be processed within one business day. At this time, you will be sent a password, which will enable you to register for training in the Contacts System. If you have any questions, contact Isabel Chavez at 301-975-2128.
NIST OWM has a number of other training opportunities scheduled. For more information: