These publications describe research to progress measurement science in support of:
ASTM Committee F45 Driverless Automatic Guided Industrial Vehicles (performance)
ITSDF B56.5 Driverless Automatic Guided Industrial Vehicles (safety)
- Roger Bostelman, Elena Messina, "A-UGV Capabilities - Recommended Guide to Autonomy Levels," International Robot Computing Conference, Naples, Italy, February 2019.
- Steven Legowik, Roger Bostelman, Tsai Hong, Elena Messina, “Guideline for Automatic Guided Vehicle Calibration”, NIST Internal Report 8168, https://doi.org/10.6028/NIST.IR.8168, March 2017.
- Roger Bostelman, Tsai Hong, “Review of Research for Docking Automatic Guided Vehicles and Mobile Robots”, NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR) 8140, October 13, 2016.
- STP1594 Autonomous Industrial Vehicles: From the Laboratory to the Factory Floor
- Bostelman, R., Hong, T., Messina, E., "Intelligence Level Performance Standards Research for Autonomous Vehicles," In Proceedings FinE-R Workshop (pp. 48-54). October 2015.
- Bostelman, R., Hong, T., Cheok, G., "Navigation Performance Evaluation for Automated Guided Vehicles," In Technologies for Practical Robot Applications (TePRA), 2015 IEEE International Conference on (pp. 1-6), May 2015.
- Roger Bostelman, Tsai Hong, Roger Eastman, “Safety and Performance Standard Developments for Automated Guided Vehicles,” Climbing and Walking Robots (CLAWAR) 2014 Conference, 21-25 July 2014.
- Bostelman, R., Norcross, R., Falco, J., Marvel, J., "Development of Standard Test Methods for Unmanned and Manned Industrial Vehicles Used Near Humans," In SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing (pp. 87560P-87560P). International Society for Optics and Photonics, May 2013.
- Bostelman, Roger, et al.,"Safe Control of Manufacturing Vehicles Research Towards Standard Test Methods," Proc. International Material Handling Research Colloquium. 2012.