The Inter-american Metrology System (SIM) was created to raise the standards of basic metrology in each country in the hemisphere, and to promote regional and international cooperation in metrology, based upon mutual confidence among the region's national metrology institutes (NMI). One significant way in which member organizations gain confidence is through acceptance of the Quality Management Systems the institutes use to provide reliable measurement services. The SIM Quality System Task Force provides the forum within which NMIs and their Designated Institutes can review and approve each other's Quality Management Systems.
The documents provided through this page provide guidance on how to submit and present quality management information to the QSTF. An example presentation and set of submitted documents used by Instituto Nacional de Tecnología Industrial (INTI) of Argentina to gain approval for their QMS in support of chemical metrology is also provided.
- QSTF-00, Procedure for Review and Approval of Quality Management Systems
- QSTF-1, Submission Template (required)
- QSTF-2, Presentation Template (optional)
- QSTF-3, Checklist for QMS Submission (required)
- QSTF-4, Non-Conformity Template (optional)
- QSTF-5, New CMC for existing QMS (Optional)
- QSTF-6, SIM QSTF Transition Policy and Plan - ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ISO 17034:2016
- QSTF-7, SIM QSTF Electronic Ballots
- SIM-09: SIM Procedure for Review of the Quality Management System of National Metrology Institutes and Designated Institutes
- Inter-american Metrology System (SIM)
- All Meeting Files (Task Force Members Only)
- Approved Quality Systems
Georgette Macdonald, Chair, QSTF
Andrew Conn, Secretariat, QSTF