NIST Child Care Center
- NIST CCC Main Page Expand or Collapse
- Tuition and Fees Expand or Collapse
- 2016 School Calendar
- Kindergarten Program
- Center Operating Policies and Procedures Expand or Collapse
- Registration and Enrollment Expand or Collapse
- Summer Camp
We offer options for full-time or part-time child care, kindergarten, before and after school care, and summer camp.
Embracing the whole child
Our mission is to encourage and promote the total social, physical, emotional, and academic development of each child in a safe, nurturing and supportive learning environment. All NIST employees, NIST Associates and other federal government employees with children or grandchildren ages 6 weeks-5th grade (e.g. Summer Camp and Before/After School Care) are eligible to enroll their children in the Center.
The Center admits children of any race, color, national or ethnic origin. We believe that finances should not prevent you from placing your little pea in our care and scholarship assistance is available to qualifying families. CFC #32392 - Funds received through the CFC are used for our "scholarship" program that provides tuition assistance critical to insuring that the CCC is financially accessible to all of the NIST community.
Stop by the middle of the "big kids" hallway and check out the new salt water aquarium, with two "Nemos!". The aquarium is on long term loan to the CCC from the Washington, DC Area Marine Aquarists Society. It's relocation to the CCC and subsequent upkeep are courtesy of Alan Munter, so please give him a big thanks when you see him. He plans to build the tank up with an colorful arrangement of fish and other marine life, so keep checking in on it as new arrivals are expected regularly.
For Information and Wait List Placement:
- Kindergarten Registration is now open. Please register early!
- Summer Camp Sessions 1 and 2 are still available. You may also register to be on the waitlist for sessions 3 through 5.
CFC #32392 - Funds received through the CFC are used for our "scholarship" program that provides tuition assistance critical to insuring that the CCC is financially accessible to all of the NIST community.
About the CCC
Admissions and Policies
- Application Form
- Parent Handbook - March 2016 (PDF version)
- Center Operating Policies and Procedures
- Illness and Injury Concerns
- Outside Employment of Staff by CCC Families
- Rules of Conduct Between Staff and Families
- Registration and Enrollment Policies
- Tuition and Fees
- Scholarship Projections for the School Year
- Waitlist policy