NIST Child Care Center
- NIST CCC Main Page Expand or Collapse
- Tuition and Fees Expand or Collapse
- School Calendar
- Kindergarten Program
- Center Operating Policies and Procedures Expand or Collapse
- Registration and Enrollment Expand or Collapse
- Summer Camp
We offer options for full-time or part-time child care, kindergarten, before and after school care, and summer camp.
"Ms. B is a truly standout teacher because of her dedication to the kids. She networked with NIST labs to create the STEM Program and promoted children's interest in science. She introduced diversified cultures to kids by teaching them to sing in different languages, and posting multiple culture's celebration and holidays. She encouraged kids to have good reading habits and always provided opportunities to stretch their capabilities in math, music and social skills. Kid-parent projects were very fun. My husband, daughter and I had a chance to study the solar system and dinosaurs by crafting a model together. Her love is not only limited to the Kindergarten class. She interacted with the younger kids in a friendly manner to make your students feel such a harmonious and warm environment."
Parent of NIST Kindergarten Graduate
Embracing the whole child
Our mission is to encourage and promote the total social, physical, emotional, and academic development of each child in a safe, nurturing and supportive learning environment. All NIST employees, NIST Associates and other federal government employees with children or grandchildren ages 6 weeks-5th grade (e.g. Summer Camp and Before/After School Care) are eligible to enroll their children in the Center.
The Center admits children of any race, color, national or ethnic origin. We believe that finances should not prevent you from placing your little pea in our care and scholarship assistance is available to qualifying families. CFC #32392 - Funds received through the CFC are used for our "scholarship" program that provides tuition assistance critical to insuring that the CCC is financially accessible to all of the NIST community.
For Information and Wait List Placement:
- Welcome new families!
- Congratulations to the new BoD members!
- New this year: 2 days of Spanish classes for pre-school age children as well as a new social-emotional curriculum. In addition we offer P.E., Music, and Art.
- For weather / emergency updates, please review our weather and emergency status policy and register for NIST site-wide emergency notification via email and / or text.
- Access to CCC Menus and Calendar can be found on the Parents Site.
About the CCC
Admissions and Policies
- Application Form
- Parent Handbook August 2017
- Center Operating Policies and Procedures
- Illness and Injury Concerns
- Outside Employment of Staff by CCC Families
- Rules of Conduct Between Staff and Families
- Registration and Enrollment Policies
- Tuition and Fees
- Scholarship Projections for the School Year
- Waitlist policy