We host and support forensic science events in cooperation with other forensic science organizations. These events bring together experts from the practitioner, research, legal, and law enforcement communities to address the many of the scientists, practitioners, industry representatives, and members of the criminal justice community to address pressing issues in the field of forensic science.
These event pages offer the latest information on each upcoming event, which includes registration information, abstracts, draft agendas, recommended attendees, and attendance information.
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Forensics @ NIST 2016, Nov. 8-9, 2016
These event pages offer the final agendas, presentations, abstracts, registration lists, and videos of the completed events. Videos are only available if the event was previously distributed via live webcast.
- Trace Evidence Data Workshop: Improving Technology and Measurement in Forensic Science, July 19-20, 2016.
- Gordon Research Conference on Forensic Analysis of Human DNA, June 19-24, 2016
- Technical Colloquium: Quantifying the weight of forensic evidence, May 5-6, 2016
- OSAC Scientific Area Committee Public Status Reports & Open Discussions, Feb. 22-23, 2016
- International Symposium on Forensic Science Error Management: Detection, Measurement and Mitigation, July 20-24, 2015
- NIST OSAC Scientific Area Committee Meetings, Feb. 16-17, 2015
- Improving Biometric and Forensic Technology: The Future of Research Datasets, Jan. 26-27, 2015
- Forensics@NIST 2014, Dec. 3-4, 2014
- Kickoff Meeting ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 Update: 2015, Oct. 30-31, 2014
- NIST DNA Analyst Webinar Series: Probabilistic Genotyping and Software Programs (Part 2), Sept. 18, 2014
- NIST DNA Analyst Webinar Series: Validation Concepts and Resources (Part I), Aug. 6, 2014
- NIST Mobile Forensics Workshop and Webcast, Jun 18, 2014
- NIST DNA Analyst Webinar Series: Probabilistic Genotyping and Software Programs (Part 1), May 28, 2014
- Cloud Computing Forensic Science Workshop, March 24, 2014
- Organization of Scientific Area Committees webcast from AAFS, Feb. 18, 2014
- Measurement Science and Standards in Forensic Handwriting Analysis, June 4-5, 2013
- Emerging Trends in Synthetic Drugs Workshop, April 30-May1, 2013
- DNA Analyst Training on Mixture Interpretation, April 12, 2013
- ANSI/NIST-ITL Standard Workshop 2013,, January 28-30, 2013
- Forensics@NIST 2012, November 30, 2012
- Measurement Science and Standards in Forensic Firearms Analysis, July 10-11, 2012