NIST operates in two main locations: Gaithersburg, Md. (headquarters—234-hectare/578-acre campus) and Boulder, Colo. (84-hectare/208-acre campus). In addition, NIST jointly operates research organizations in four locations explicitly established to promote the kind of cross-disciplinary collaborations that accelerate research results. While those are the two main campuses of NIST there are a few smaller locations where NIST employees work.
The majority of NIST staff are located in Gaithersburg and Boulder. Below is some local information about those two cities.
NIST Gaithersburg, MD Campus
- Living in Montgomery County, Maryland – Provides information on average housing costs, climate, commuting, tourism, schools, etc.
- Arts and Humanities in Montgomery County - Lists the many cultural venues, concerts, exhibits, as well as arts education programs that encourage individual artistic development
- Heritage Montgomery - Lists the many great cultural and historical sites operated by the National Park Service and local organizations
- Washington, DC Official Travel Website - Provides information on arts, culture, history, heritage, monuments, memorials, museums and parks in D.C.
- Dining in Gaithersburg, MD
- NIST Child Care Center
NIST Boulder, CO Location
- Living in Boulder, CO - Provides information on average housing costs, climate, commuting, tourism, schools, etc.
- Dining in Boulder, CO
- Regional Transportation District (RTD)
- Boulder Convention and Visitors Bureau - Provides information on attractions, outdoor recreation, arts and culture, shopping, etc.
- Boulder Magazine
- Commerce Children's Center at the U.S. Department of Commerce, Boulder Labs Campus
Links to non-Federal Government Web sites do not imply endorsement of any particular product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content.