Inspiring and promoting awareness & exploration of cybersecurity careers
SAVE THE DATE: for National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week, November 11-16, 2019
Mark your calendars for November 11-16, 2019, to celebrate National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week across the country. Join us in promoting awareness & exploration of cybersecurity careers by hosting an event, participating in an event near you, or engaging students with cybersecurity content!
WHAT IS NATIONAL CYBERSECURITY CAREER AWARENESS WEEK?
The National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week (NCCAW) focuses local, regional, and national interest to inspire, educate, and engage citizens to pursue careers in cybersecurity. National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week takes place during November’s National Career Development Month. Each day of the week-long campaign provides an opportunity to learn about the contributions and innovations of cybersecurity practitioners, and the plethora of job opportunities that can be found when exploring cybersecurity as a career choice.
During the week, learners of all ages, educators, parents, employers, and the community participate in a national recognition of how cybersecurity plays a vital role in the lives of Americans and how building a national cybersecurity workforce enhances America’s national security and promotes economic prosperity. Learn More
- Create excitement around increasing public awareness and engagement in building a strong cybersecurity workforce.
- Emphasize the demand and opportunities in the field of cybersecurity.
- Increase awareness around the multiple career options within the field of cybersecurity.
- Highlight the numerous pathways to enter the cybersecurity career field.
- Showcase resources and programs, including those that increase participation of women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations in the cybersecurity workforce.
There are many ways to participate in the National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week movement. Examples include:
NCCAW 2019 Toolkit