SHIP Application Process
Interested students must want to participate in scientific research. In addition, they must currently be juniors or seniors (at time of application) who will have advanced to senior status or graduated from high school by the start of the program. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for consideration into this program. Applications are due by 11:59:59 PM EST on February 1. Late applications will not be reviewed. Only US citizens are eligible to apply for this program.
In order for your application to be considered, you MUST do the following prior to submission (as you cannot go back and make changes later):
- Check the Summer High School Intern Program (SHIP) and the Student Volunteer Program (SVP) as the student program for which you are applying.
- For veteran's preference, please enter "0 points" unless you have served in the military and were honorably discharged.
- In the "job-related skills" section, please list any computer languages, software packages, and tools that you know how to use.
- In the "job-related training" section, please provide a list of all current courses, and the courses you expect to take next year.
- For the sections on vocational education or college, please leave blank.
Please note: Only on-line applications are reviewed so if you did not receive a submission number, then your application has not been submitted successfully. (Please keep track of this submission number in the event of difficulty accessing your application.)
Access the Student Information System application here. If you experience problems accessing the Student Information System application, view instructions for configuring your browser. (If you continue to have problems after checking your browser configuration, send an email to the OHRM Help Desk. Be sure to include your phone number so that we can respond directly to you.)
After the initial application due on February 1, there are three stages to the selection process before a student is accepted into SHIP. View information on the selection process.