The MEP National Network offers a full range of food safety and quality services specific to food manufacturers including on-site training and employee development. Services our experts provide range from technical project assistance to developing and implementing an effective food safety and quality system enabling continuous improvement in your facilities.
Food safety experts across the Network have also created a guide that looks at the FDA’s “Blueprint for the Future” and what may come next through the lens of the FDA’s four pillars for the New Era of Smarter Food Safety. MEP Centers can help in areas such as:
- Corrective and Preventive Actions: The MEP National Network’s consultants can help you deal with internal deviations or customer complaints.
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA): MEP experts provide guidance such as gap analysis and consulting to help you meet regulatory compliance for FSMA. We can help you develop and implement a food safety plan to ensure your facilities are in compliance.
- Food Safety Plans: Plans are now required for most food manufacturing companies. We can assist you with developing food safety plans and help you understand how to fully document and implement plans.
- Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance Training: MEP Centers provide training using the Food and Drug Administration’s standardized curriculum, so you know how to meet FSMA requirements.
- Food Safety Training: We conduct employee training for all levels including new employee training, annual refresher training or any other training your company may need.
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI): We provide consulting to certify plants required to have a third party GFSI audit. MEP Centers can help you with consulting services, training and implementing a plan to meet GFSI requirements and standards including Safe Quality Foods, British Retail Consortium, FSSC 22000.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)/Sanitation: The MEP National Network can provide you with GMP training, consulting and implementation to confirm that your company is operating at the highest standards and to ensure the safe production of food.
- Internal Audits: MEP Centers can conduct or assist with your internal audit programs.
- Risk Assessments: We provide risk assessments for a wide range of areas or programs at facilities. For example, our experts can perform risk assessments for your facility and environment, the introduction of new or different types of allergens, raw materials or operation processes.
The MEP program is a critical factor in the success of manufacturing in Ohio. CIFT's leadership has benefited food manufacturers throughout the state.
—Joe Maas, President, JTM
Read the Success Story
If you would like someone to contact you about food industry services, please complete the form below.