- ANSI-American National Standards Institute
- ANSI/NIST-ITL Standard Homepage
- Biometric Consortium
- INCITS - International Committee for Information Technology Standards
- INCITS M1 – Biometrics
- ISO – International Organization for Standardization
- IEC – International Elecrotechnical Commission
- JTC 1/SC 37
NIST/ITL CSD Biometric Confromance Test Software for Biometric Data Interchange Formats
BioCTS for ANSI/NIST-ITL Beta Version 2.0.6107.19926 Released
Some new features include:
NIST/ITL CSD Biometric Conformance Test Software (BioCTS) tests implementations for conformance to various biometric data interchange format standards. BioCTS for ISO/IEC tests for conformance to selected biometric standards developed by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 - Biometrics and PIV profiles. BioCTS for ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 and ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 Update: 2013 tests for conformance to selected Record Types of the ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 standard and the ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 Update: 2013 respectively.
To download a specific version of BioCTS and the associated documentation, select the link below. For legacy software, including the Conformance Test Architecture (CTA) and Conformance Test Suite (CTS) for implementations of the ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2007 standard and the CTA and CTSs for biometric data interchange format standards developed by INCITS M1 - Biometrics, see the links in the side panel.
NIST/ITL Computer Security Division (CSD) supports the development of national and international biometric standards and promotes conformity assessment through:
- Participation in the development of biometric standards
- Sponsorship of conformance testing methodology standard projects
- Development of associated conformance test architectures and test suites
- Leadership in national and international standards development bodies
- NISTIR 7957 Conformance Test Architecture and Test Suite for ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2011 NIEM XML Encoded Transactions, Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga, and Christofer J. McGinnis, September 2013
- NISTIR 7877 BioCTS 2012: Advanced Conformance Test Architectures and Test Suites for Biometric Data Interchange Formats and Biometric Information Records, Fernando L. Podio, Dylan Yaga, and Christofer J. McGinnis, September 2012
Need for Conformance Testing
Conformance testing captures the technical description of a standard and measures whether an implementation faithfully implements the standard. Read more .
BioCTS includes several features for testing implementations for conformance to biometric standards, including:
- Batch testing: allows a large number of implementations to be tested quickly.
- Editor: allows data to be edited, retested, and saved in order to make failing files compliant.
- Detailed results: results feature pass/fail/warning messages, test names, and descriptions when appropriate. The editor allows the results to be displayed in a hierarchical, expandable format.
NIST/ITL CSD BioCTS Disclaimer
BioCTS runs under Microsoft® Windows® (XP, Vista, 7) and the .NET 4.0 Framework.
The BioCTS work was sponsored in part by the Department of Homeland Security/Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM).
Send comments/errors on the tool, sample data and documentation to BioCTS@nist.gov