Health Information Technology (IT)
- Healthcare Expand or Collapse
- Health IT at NIST Program Overview
- Usability Expand or Collapse
- Security Expand or Collapse
- Emerging Technologies in Healthcare Expand or Collapse
- Medical Device Interoperability
- Body Area Networks & Pervasive Health Monitoring Expand or Collapse
- Content-based Access to Electronic Health Records
- Long-term Preservation and Management of Electronic Health Records
- Image Quality for Healthcare Applications
- Standards & Testing Homepage
NIST has a diverse portfolio of activities supporting our nation's health IT effort. With NIST's extensive experience and broad array of expertise both in its laboratories and in successful collaborations with the private sector and other government agencies, NIST is actively pursuing the standards and measurement research necessary to achieving the goal of improving healthcare delivery through information technology.
- See the ITL video on Electronic Health Records (EHRs).
- NIST's NCCoE, in collaboration with the Technological Leadership Institute at the University of Minnesota, has initiated a project to improve the security of wireless medical infusion pumps. This is the first of a series of use cases focused on medical device security.
- See the article in the November 2012 issue of IEEE Computer Society "Testing the Nation's Healthcare Information Infrastructure: NIST Perspective".
- See the article in InformationWeek Healthcare on, "Medical Devices Neglected in EHR Chase: Report."
- (NISTIR 7741) NIST Guide to the Processes Approach for Improving the Usability of Electronic Health Records
- (NISTIR 7742) Customized Common Industry Format Template for Electronic Health Record Usability Testing
- (NISTIR 7743) Usability in Health IT: Technical Strategy, Research, and Implementation
- (NISTIR 7769) Human Factors Guidance to Prevent Healthcare Disparities with the Adoption of EHRs