Quest for Excellence Conference
Date and Location for 2020:
March 24-27 (Tuesday-Friday)
Gaylord National Harbor, National Harbor, MD (just outside of Washington, D.C.)
The 31st Annual Quest for Excellence® Conference and Award Ceremony was held April 7-10, 2019 at the Gaylord National Harbor Resort and Convention Center, in National Harbor, MD. Thank you to all who joined us to celebrate the 2018 Award recipients and learn best practices from current and former recipients! Conference highlights included:
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross honoring the 2018 Award recipients Alamo Colleges District, Donor Alliance, Integrated Project Management Company, Inc., Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center, and Tri County Tech at the Award Ceremony on April 7.
- Leadership presentations by Mike Flores, Chancellor, Alamo Colleges District; Sue Dunn, President and CEO, Donor Alliance; C. Richard Panico, President and CEO, Integrated Project Management Company, Inc.; Kyle Bennett, President and CEO, Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center; and Lindel Fields, Superintendent and CEO, Tri County Tech.
- The 2018 Award recipients sharing their best practices in all Baldrige Criteria categories on Monday and Tuesday.
- 18 former Award recipients sharing their success stories in conference sessions: Adventist Health Castle, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Bristol Tennessee Essential Services, Charleston Area Medical Center Health System, Charter School of San Diego, City of Fort Collins, Elevations Credit Union, Guidehouse (formerly PricewaterhouseCoopers Public Sector), Hill Country Memorial, K&N Management, Mid-America Transplant, Momentum Group, Mountain Valley of Cascadia (formerly Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation-Mountain Valley), Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Southcentral Foundation, Stellar Solutions, Studer Group, and University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- A special session featuring community leaders who are participating in the Communities of Excellence 2026 initiative.
- A session featuring two organizations, Howard Community College and Mary Greeley Medical Center, who were recognized in 2018 by the Baldrige Award Judges for best practices in a Baldrige Criteria category.
- Keynote presentation by Dennis Brouwer, author of The Return on Leadership.
We would like to recognize our conference sponsors for their tremendous support of Quest.
Future Quest Conference Dates:
March 24-27, 2020, National Harbor, MD, Gaylord National Harbor
April 11-14, 2021, National Harbor, MD, Gaylord National Harbor
31st Quest Conference Sponsors
- Baldrige Family
- ASQ - Notebook Pads & Pens
- Baldrige Foundation - Floral Arrangements
- CAMC Health System - Conference Wi-Fi
- Center for Organ Recovery & Education (CORE) - Conference Bags
- Donor Alliance - Water Bottles
- Elevations Credit Union - Mobile App
- NextEra Energy - Coffee Break
- STRATEX Solutions - Lanyards
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Lilly USA, LLC
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital
- Walden University