Quest for Excellence Conference
The 30th Anniversary Quest for Excellence® Conference and Award Ceremony was held April 8-11, 2018 at the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront in Baltimore, MD.
Thank you to all who joined us to celebrate the 2017 Award recipients and learn best practices from current and former recipients! Conference highlights included:
- Under Secretary of Commerce and NIST Director Walter Copan honoring the 2017 Award recipients Bristol Tennessee Essential Services, Stellar Solutions, Adventist Health Castle, Southcentral Foundation, and the City of Fort Collins at the Award Ceremony on April 8.
- Leadership presentations by Michael Browder, Chief Executive Officer of Bristol Tennessee Essential Services; Celeste Ford, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Stellar Solutions; Kathy Raethel, President, Adventist Health Castle; Katherine Gottlieb, President and Chief Executive Officer, Southcentral Foundation; and Darin Atteberry, City Manager, City of Fort Collins.
- The 2017 Award recipients sharing their best practices in all Baldrige Criteria categories
- 12 former Award recipients sharing their success stories in conference sessions
- A special session featuring community leaders who are participating in the Communities of Excellence 2026 initiative.
- Keynote presentation by Seth Mattison, Founder and Chief Movement Officer of FutureSight Lab.
- The presentation of the Harry S. Hertz Leadership Award to Nick Macchione, Agency Director for the County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency and the presentation of the E. David Spong Lifetime Achievement Award to Larry Potterfield, Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA. The first presentation of the Curt Reimann Baldrige Scholarship and the Baldrige Foundation Awards for Leadership Excellence.
We would like to recognize our conference sponsors for their tremendous support of Quest.
Future Quest Conference Dates
Gaylord National Harbor
National Harbor, MD (conveniently located near Washington, D.C.)
April 7–10, 2019
March 24–27, 2020
April 11–14, 2021
30th Quest Conference Sponsors
- AARP - Examiner Recognition Ceremony Reception
- Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
- Richland College - Keynote Sponsor
- ASQ - Notepads & Pens
- Category One Inc / HealthLinx - Water Bottles
- Center for Organ Recovery & Education (CORE) - Conference Bags
- Donor Alliance - Ice Cream Break
- Elevations Credit Union - Charging Stations
- STRATEX Solutions - Lanyards