The principal goals of the ITL Quantum Information Program are:
- To understand the potential (both opportunities and risks) for quantum information to revolutionize information science.
- To develop theory, methods, architectures and algorithms to enable engineering and testing of quantum computing components and systems.
- To demonstrate and test communication components, systems and protocols for the quantum era.
- Quantum Information Science
- Quantum Algorithms and Complexity Theory
- Post-Quantum Cryptography
- Quantum Computer Benchmarking
- Quantum Estimation Theory and Applications
- Device-Independent Secure Randomness Generation