- CIPM, BIPM Proc.-Verb. Com. Int. Poids et Mesures 49, 8-9, 26 (1981) (in French); P. Giacomo, "News from the BIPM," Metrologia 18, 41-44 (1982).
- ISO, Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, 1993). This Guide was prepared by ISO Technical Advisory Group 4 (TAG 4), Working Group 3 (WG 3). ISO/TAG 4 has as its sponsors the BIPM, IEC, IFCC (International Federation of Clinical Chemistry), ISO, IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry), IUPAP (International Union of Pure and Applied Physics), and OIML. Although the individual members of WG 3 were nominated by the BIPM, IEC, ISO, or OIML, the Guide is published by ISO in the name of all seven organizations. NIST staff members may obtain a single copy of the Guide from the NIST Calibration Program.
- R. Kaarls, "Rapport du Groupe de Travail sur l'Expression des Incertitudes au Comité International des Poids et Mesures," Proc.-Verb. Com. Int. Poids et Mesures 49, A1-A12 (1981) (in French); P. Giacomo, "News from the BIPM," Metrologia 17, 69-74 (1981). (Note that the final English-language version of Recommendation INC-1 (1980), published in an internal BIPM report, differs slightly from that given in the latter reference but is consistent with the authoritative French-language version given in the former reference.)
- C. Eisenhart, "Realistic Evaluation of the Precision and Accuracy of Instrument Calibration Systems," J. Res. Natl. Bur. Stand. (U.S.) 67C, 161-187 (1963). Reprinted, with corrections, in Precision Measurement and Calibration: Statistical Concepts and Procedures, NBS Special Publication 300, Vol. I, H.H. Ku, Editor (U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, 1969), pp. 21-48.
- J. Mandel, The Statistical Analysis of Experimental Data (Interscience-Wiley Publishers, New York, NY, 1964, out of print; corrected and reprinted, Dover Publishers, New York, NY, 1984).
- M. G. Natrella, Experimental Statistics, NBS Handbook 91 (U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, 1963; reprinted October 1966 with corrections).
- G. E. P. Box, W. G. Hunter, and J. S. Hunter, Statistics for Experimenters (John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, 1978).
- C. Croarkin, Measurement Assurance Programs, Part II: Development and Implementation, NBS Special Publication 676-II (U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, 1985).
- CIPM, BIPM Proc.-Verb. Com. Int. Poids et Mesures 54, 14, 35 (1986) (in French); P. Giacomo, "News from the BIPM," Metrologia 24, 45-51 (1987).
- C. F. Dietrich, Uncertainty, Calibration and Probability, second edition (Adam Hilger, Bristol, U.K., 1991), chapter 7.
|CIPM:||International Committee for Weights and Measures|
|BIPM:||International Bureau of Weights and Measures|
|IEC:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|ISO:||International Organization for Standardization|
|OIML:||International Organization of Legal Metrology|
|*These dates have been corrected from those in the first (1993) edition of TN 1297 and in the Guide.|