The Crime Scene Investigation & Reconstruction Subcommittee supports development of standards and guidance for crime scene investigations.
Officers | Members | Standards | Other Work Products
C. Stephen DeFrance, Subcommittee Chair, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Stephanie Regan, Subcommittee Vice Chair, Kauai Police Department
Kimberlee Sue Moran, Subcommittee Executive Secretary, Rutgers University - Camden
Tony Becker, Forensic Training Group, LLC
Richard Phillip Carter, Jr., U.S. Postal Inspection Service
Karen Green, Green Forensics Inc.
Jason Keller, Naval Criminal Investigative Service
Matthew Noedel, Noedel Scientific
Clint Norris, State of New Mexico
Jane Northrop, Rhode Island State Police (Quality Task Group member)
Kevin Parmelee, Somerset County Prosecutor's Office (NJ)
Christine Pinto, Los Angeles County Sheriff Department
Ronald Reinstein, Arizona Supreme Court (Legal Task Group member)
Ryan Rezzelle, Leica Geosystems
Kimberley Shapiro, San Bernardino County Sheriff's - Scientific Investigations Division
Michele Smith, Louisiana State Police Crime Laboratory
Martha Smith-Blackmore, DVM, Forensic Veterinary Investigations, LLC
Barbara Spellman, University of Virginia (Human Factors Task Group member)
Jeffery Tomberlin, Texas A&M University
Troy E. Wilson, Texas Department of Public Safety
Neil Zielinski, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
Published by a Standards Developing Organization (SDO)
- ASTM E620-11(18) Standard Practice for Reporting Opinions of Scientific or Technical Experts.
- ASTM E860-07(13)e2 Standard Practice for Examining and Preparing Items that are or may Become Involved in Criminal or Civil Litigation.
- ASTM E1020-13e1 Standard Practice for Reporting Incidents that may Involve Criminal or Civil Litigation.
- ASTM E1188-11(17) Standard Practice for Collection and Preservation of Information and Physical Items by a Technical Investigator.
- ASTM E1459-13(18) Standard Guide for Physical Evidence Labeling and Related Documentation.
note: Criminal justice agencies can access the astm standards above by visiting the access to standards webpage.
Sent to an SDO
- Guiding Principles for Crime Scene Investigation and Reconstruction (draft OSAC Proposed Standard).
- Standard for Initial Response at Scenes by Law Enforcement (draft OSAC Proposed Standard).
- Standard for On-Scene Collection and Preservation of Physical Evidence (draft OSAC Proposed Standard).
- Standard Practice for the Documentation and Processing of Shooting Scenes (draft OSAC Proposed Standard).
- Standard for Initial Response at Scenes by Crime Scene Investigators.
- Standard for the Examination of the Live Animals Suspected to be Impacted by Cruelty to Animals.
- Standard Practice for Crime Scene Metrology.
- Standard Guide for Quality Management in Crime Scene Investigation.
- Standard Practice for the Collection and Preservation of Biological Materials.
- Standard Method for the Chemical Testing of Suspected Projectile Impacts.
- Standard Method for the Measurement of Trajectory Angles with a Protractor.
- Collection and Preservation of Entomological Evidence during Forensic Investigations.
- Standard for Entomological Sample Processing for Molecular Analysis.
- Standard for the Collection and Preservation of Questioned Document Related Evidence.
- Standard Practice for the Collection of Primer Gunshot Residue Particles from Clothing, Vehicles and Other Objects Using Adhesive Lifters.
- Standard for the Documentation of Scenes by Crime Scene Investigators.
Research & Development Needs
Webinars, Presentations & Training Videos