On February 5, 2018, the National Science and Technology Council, Committee on Technology, Subcommittee on Advanced Manufacturing published a Request for Information – National Strategic Plan for Advanced Manufacturing (https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2018-02160). This RFI solicits input from the public on ways to improve government coordination and on long-term guidance for federal programs and activities in support of United States manufacturing competitiveness, including advanced manufacturing research and development that will create jobs, grow the economy across multiple industrial sectors, strengthen national security, and improve health care.
Advanced manufacturing refers to a family of activities relating to the use and coordination of information, automation, computation, software, sensing, networking, and interoperability to manufacture existing products in new ways, or to manufacture new products emerging from the use of new technologies.
March 7, 2018 is the last day to submit responses. Respondents need not reply to all questions listed. Responses may be submitted by any of the following methods:
READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW
- Fillable PDF: https://www.nist.gov/document/rfi-response.pdf
- You may fill the form out directly online or offline later. If your browser is incompatible with the form, you will receive an Adobe error. You can try another browser or download the form to complete it offline.
- To fill it out offline, save the file to your own computer (i.e., right-click on the link and choose “Save link as…” or “Save target as…” depending upon the browser you use). The “Submit by Email” usa-button will create an email draft in your default mail system or in the webmail you choose. The subject line will say “RFI Response: National Strategic Plan for Advanced Manufacturing.”
- Microsoft Word https://www.nist.gov/document/rfi-response.docx
- Save the file to your own device (e.g., right-click on the link and choose “Save link as…” or “Save target as…” depending upon the browser you use).
- Provide feedback to as many questions as you desire.
- Save the completed file and follow the instructions below to email the file back.
- Email to amnpo [at] nist.gov
- A list of the questions to which OSTP seeks feedback, may be found in the RFI or in the fillable PDF.
- In your response, if you are not using a form, clearly indicate next to every text segment which questions you are answering.
- Include “RFI Response: National Strategic Plan for Advanced Manufacturing” in the subject line of the message.
- Attachments will be accepted in plain text, Microsoft Word or Excel, or Adobe PDF formats.