Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

The .gov means it’s official.
Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you’re on a federal government site.

Https

The site is secure.
The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

West Virginia Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WVMEP)

wvmep logo

The West Virginia Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WVMEP) is a program in the West Virginia University (WVU) Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources Industrial Extension. WVMEP's mission is to strengthen, empower, and grow West Virginia manufacturing to improve the competitiveness of West Virginia both locally and globally, while also serving as the outreach arm of the Statler College connecting WVU resources to West Virginia manufacturers. WVMEP provides manufacturing consulting services to West Virginia industry including production process improvement, quality and management systems, innovation and growth services, and safety and industrial hygiene. The WVMEP prides itself on helping manufacturers and working closely with state and economic development resources to provide additional support and ensure all needs of the manufacturers are addressed.

View the One Pager for West Virginia

Success Stories

Strategic Planning Project for Transformational Client: Progressive Industries

Report Year
2020
Progressive Industries relies on the mining and oil and gas industry and the organization’s success is fully depending upon the markets that they serve. Precision Tool adds a diversification to the business but supports one large customer for 80% of their business while the remaining 20% is made up of small, more transient customers. The other

WVU Industrial Extension / WVMEP Reduces Worker Chemical Exposure

Report Year
2020
C.U.E. of WV was seeking outside assistance to quantify worker exposure to respirable crystalline silica (RCS) in the abrasive blasting area. Crystalline silica is a carcinogen found in sand, stone and artificial stone. It can cause silicosis, a chronic disease that involves scarring of the lungs. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s

WVMEP Helps Company to Plan Expansion to New Facility

Report Year
2019
Uncle Bunk’s had operated as a true cottage industry since their inception, but when the company developed partnerships that would result in significant growth over the coming years, expanding market penetration and increasing wholesale/distributor business, Uncle Bunk’s needed to move to a more fitting facility, one able to accommodate the needs

"MEP helped us with programs that we couldn't do ourselves. Any question we had—even if it didn’t have to do with what we were working on—they gave us direction. It was a really tough time for us and they gave us support and confidence in areas that we had never thought of. The value stream mapping, for me, was amazing. I think the process and the way they worked with our staff was wonderful. I would recommend it for anyone."

—Heather Cyphert, Owner

Created March 18, 2019, Updated June 2, 2020