InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS)
U.S. Government Access to Copyrighted Standards in the Registry of USG Recommended Biometric Standards
The National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) Subcommittee on Biometrics and Identity Management serves as part of the internal deliberative process of the NSTC. As part of the Subcommittee's interagency coordination activities, the Subcommittee provides technical leadership in the development and implementation of interoperable federal biometric systems. To this end, the Subcommittee has developed the NSTC Policy for Enabling the Development, Adoption and Use of Biometric Standards, which calls for the establishment and maintenance of the Registry of USG Recommended Biometric Standards (Registry). This Registry is based upon interagency consensus on biometric standards required to enable the interoperability of various Federal biometric applications, and to guide Federal agencies as they develop and implement related biometric programs.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have provided funds to purchase single use licenses for fifteen of the copyrighted standards cited in the Registry. These licensed standards are being made available to U.S. Government workers (i.e., U.S. Government employees or U.S. Government contractors) whose names and email addresses have been provided to NIST by their respective U.S. agency. This nomination can be done by one of your agency representatives on the NSTC Subcommittee on Biometrics and Identity Management. If you are not presently included on the NIST listing of eligible recipients, please have your agency submit (or resubmit) your name and email address to NIST so that you can access these standards. If you don't know your agency representatives on the NSTC Subcommittee on Biometrics and Identity Management, please contact us at: email@example.com.
In order to get a copy, you must click on the email (located within the parenthesis after each standard) for each standard you are requesting. An email will be sent to us to verify your eligibility. Once you have been verified we will send you the document. In requesting these documents, you are agreeing to the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- INCITS 358:2002 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - American National Standard for Information Technology – The BioAPI Specification
- INCITS 358:2002 AMD1 – 2007 (email@example.com)
- INCITS 378:2004 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - American National Standard for Information Technology — Finger Minutiae Format for Data Interchange
- NCITS 381:2004 (email@example.com) - American National Standard for Information Technology — Finger Image-Based Data Interchange Format
- INCITS 398:2008 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Common Biometric Exchange Formats Framework (CBEFF)
- INCITS 423.1:2008 (email@example.com) - Conformance testing Methodology Standard for Biometric Data Interchange Format Standards – Part 1: Generalized Conformance Testing Methodology
- INCITS 423.2:2008 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Conformance testing Methodology Standard for Biometric Data Interchange Format Standards - Part 2: Conformance Testing, Finger Minutia
- INCITS 442:2008 (email@example.com) - Biometric Identity Assurance Services (BIAS)
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19784-1:2007 (firstname.lastname@example.org) BioAPI – Biometric Application Programming Interface – Part 1: BioAPI Specification
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19784-2:2008 (email@example.com) Biometric Application Programming Interface (BioAPI) – Part 2: Biometric Archive Function Provider Interface
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19794-2:2007 (firstname.lastname@example.org)— Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 2: Finger minutiae data
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19794-4:2007 (email@example.com)— Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 4: Finger image data
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19794-5:2007 (firstname.lastname@example.org)— Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 5: Face image data
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19794-6:2007 (email@example.com) - Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 6: Iris image data
- INCITS/ ISO/IEC 19795-1:2007 (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?Subject=Request%20INCITS/%20ISO/IEC%2019795-1:2007) - Biometric Performance Testing and Reporting – Part 1: Principles and Framework
Note: If you would like all the above standards, send email to email@example.com .