During this part of the award process, your team will create a scorebook detailing the organization's strengths and opportunities for improvement (OFIs), based on visiting an applicant's site(s). The scorebook will help your designated applicant move to the next level of performance excellence. Composed of comments and scores, it will represent the collective knowledge and analytical skills of the team, based on interviews and documents as well as the application, and will be the basis of the feedback report provided to the applicant.
Site visits enable a team of Baldrige examiners to more fully understand how well the organization is applying the Baldrige Criteria and concepts. The ultimate purpose of the site visit is to verify the team's understanding of key strengths and to clarify its understanding of key vulnerabilities. Because the site visit team has access to much more information than does a consensus team, the resulting feedback report is a richer document that has higher relevance to the applicant.
Site Visit Review provides examiners an opportunity to get to know an organization from the inside out and to build life-long relationships with team mates. The hours are long and intense, but the levels of learning and camaraderie can be very rewarding.
Site Visit Toolkit
- Site Visit Overview for New Site Visit Team Members eLearning module
- 2018 Site Visit Manual Word (updated version 9/21/18)
- ASQ Flight Details Survey
- ASQ Examiner Site Visit Expense Report Excel
- ASQ Site Visit Logistics Clarifications - Expenses and Allowed Reimbursements Word
- Site Visit Interview Sheets Excel
- Scoring Band Descriptors Word
- Considerations for Health Care Organizations PDF
- Considerations for Subunits Word
- Document Log Word
- 2018 Site Visit Planning Phase Week 1 Word
- 2018 Site Visit Planning Phase Week 2 Word
- BOSS Online Process and Results Sample Worksheets - Planning Phase (from Site Visit Manual) Word
- BOSS PDF Process and Results Sample Worksheets - Post-Site Phase (from Site Visit Manual) Word
- SVI Worksheet 1.1-2 Sample from BOSS PDF Post-Site Word
- SVI Worksheet 7.2-1 Sample from BOSS PDF Planning Meeting Version Word
- Process SVI Worksheet Sample 6.1-1 from TST2018 Word
- Results SVI Worksheet Sample 7.1-1 from TST2018 (Planning Phase) Word
- Scorebook Progress Tracking Task List Sample Word (added 9/10/18)