OSAC Technical Series Publications provide a way to share information that was gathered during the standards analysis and development process but will not be part of a standards document. These publications focus on topics that have broad applications to forensic science standards.
Some examples include:
- Interdisciplinary documents.
- Current state of a discipline, including technical concerns/problems and recommendations for how to proceed, without presenting a definitive solution.
- Frameworks which provide a basic conceptual structure related to a forensic science topic or issue.
- Lessons learned.
- Process maps which describe the steps taken for discipline’s claims.
- Road maps outlining a path forward.
- Scientific foundations, including claims & literature references.
- Standards gaps that need to be addressed or problems that need to be solved.
Click an image below to view the technical series publication.