The OSAC Crime Scene Investigation Subcommittee supports development of standards and guidance for crime scene investigations.
Adam Becnel, Subcommittee Chair, Louisiana State Police
Michael P. Kessler, Subcommittee Vice Chair, National Forensic Science Technology Center (NFSTC)
Kimberlee Sue Moran, Subcommittee Executive Secretary, Rutgers University - Camden
Charles DeFrance, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Teresa Devitt-Lynch, U.S. Navy
Karen Green, Green Forensics Inc.
Michael Haag, Albuquerque Police Department Crime Laboratory
Kevin Kosiorek, Boston Police Crime Laboratory Unit
Guy Nutter, Michigan State Police Forensic Science Division
Kevin Parmelee, Somerset County Prosector's Office (NJ)
Christine Pinto, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
Stephanie Regan, Kauai Police Department
Ryan Rezzelle, Leica Geosystems
Kim Shapiro, San Bernardino County Sheriff's - Scientific Investigations Division
Joyce Williams, Stevenson University
Troy E. Wilson, Texas Department of Public Safety
Neil Zielinski, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
None at this time.
See the Research & Development Needs identified by the Crime Scene Investigation subcommittee.
- Under Development:
- Standard Practice for Crime Scene Investigator Training, Continuing Education, Professional Development, Certification, and Accreditation
- Standard Practice for Shooting Incident Documentation for Trajectory Analysis
- Revising: E1843-16 Standard Guide for Sexual Assault Investigation, Examination, and Evidence Collection
- Revising: E2124-15 Standard Practice for Specification for Equipment and Supplies in Sexual Assault Investigations
Revising: E2123-16 Standard Practice for Transmittal of Evidence in Sexual Assault Investigation
Future Topic: Standard Practice for the Examination of Scenes Containing Buried or Scattered Human Remains
Future Topic: Standard Practice General Crime Scene Reconstruction
- Work Product Sent to SDO:
- SDO Published:
- None at this time.
- Entered OSAC Registry Approval Process:
- E620-11(18) Standard Practice for Reporting Opinions of Scientific or Technical Experts
- E678-07(13) Standard Practice for Evaluation of Scientific or Technical Data
- E860-07(13)e2 Standard Practice for Examining and Preparing Items that Are or May Become Involved in Criminal or Civil Litigation
- E1020-13e1 Standard Practice for Reporting Incidents that May Involve Criminal or Civil Litigation
- E1188-11(17) Standard Practice for Collection and Preservation of Information and Physical Items by a Technical Investigator
- E1459-13(18) Standard Guide for Physical Evidence Labeling and Related Documentation
None at this time.
NIST OSAC CSI Subcommittee Overview & Update - International Crime Scene Investigators Association's 2018 CSI Conference (May 16, 2018)
NIST OSAC CSI Subcommittee Update - International Association for Identification (IAI) August 2018