Help spread the word and don't forget to follow NIST on Facebook and Twitter (@usnistgov and @NISTcyber) and use the NCSAM 2018 hashtag #CyberAware in your social media messages before and during the month.
- Replace your profile picture or Facebook cover photo with the NCSAM logo for October. Download social media icons
- Post online safety tips and reminders about National Cyber Security Awareness Month on your social networks. Use the hashtag #CyberAware on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media sites. StaySafeOnline.org has created sample social media posts that you can share leading up to and throughout the month on social media – download and share them all or customize them to your needs and interests!
- Send an email to friends and family informing them that October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month and encourage them to visit stopthinkconnect.org.
- Print a STOP. THINK. CONNECT. tip sheet and display it in areas where family members spend time online.
- Hold a family conference to discuss how each member of the family can help to protect their online devices from cyber attacks. Read through and discuss suggestions from STOP. THINK. CONNECT.