The ADMSM has unique assets and capabilities that we apply to these measurement challenges, including
- advanced analysis capabilities to develop sophisticated models of the measuring systems
- high accuracy testing facilities that provide industry innovators practical access to the SI unit of length
- experience developing high accuracy dimensionally stable measurement artifacts for realization of the unit of length in industrial facilities
- advanced mathematical algorithms to perform computationally complex analysis of the dense data sets provided by many advanced measuring systems.
The ADMSM regularly partners with U.S. industry to develop tests for new instruments as well as to provide U.S. manufacturers of measurement equipment access to our unique facilities early in the development process, helping them shorten the time to market. Through these industrial contacts, the ADMSM exchanges the vital information regarding the measurement technologies and their uncertainly sources that is critical to developing documentary standards.
- Advance dimensional metrology by developing new test methods and first principles error correction and analysis techniques and codify these methods and techniques in national and international standards.
- Promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by developing high accuracy dimensional artifacts and new measurement services to provide measurement traceability and disseminate our institutional knowledge through collaboration on special measurement challenges and educational outreach.