- Dr. Oleshko has more than 20 years of experience in research of engineered functional materials (catalysts, structural alloys, polymers, ceramics, composites, materials for batteries and imaging systems, sensors), processing and characterization of a wide range of nanostructured photo-/electrochemically active catalytic, electronic and optical materials and broad expertise with materials characterization by electron microscopy (HRTEM, STEM, EDXS/EFTEM/ EELS/spectral imaging; cryo-EM, in situ environmental TEM, tomography; low-voltage (FE)SEM, variable-pressure SEM, in-SEM Raman) and other instrumental techniques.
- He holds 4 US/international patents and has published/coauthored over 200 publications in peer-reviewed journals, including 5 book chapters and 4 review papers.
1) Structure-property relationships in functional materials
2) Discovery-based materials characterization using advanced analytical nanoscopy and spectroscopy methods
3) Transformations of nanostructures, size-confinement (quantum) effects, electron excitations and plasmonics