The Budget Division is responsible for the preparation, review, justification, presentation, defense and execution of NIST's budget.
The Budget Division provides expert advice and assistance to various levels of staff throughout NIST including the NIST Director, Associate Directors, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Organizational Unit (OU) Directors and Deputy Directors, Senior Management Advisors (SMA), Administrative Officers (AO), and program staff, in all matters related to NIST financial resources.
The Budget Division has two core missions:
- To provide advice and assistance to NIST leadership on all budget matters and to coordinate the preparation, review, justification, presentation, and execution of NIST's budget, including financial management, resource allocations, and the monitoring of NIST's total resource expenditures.
- To maintain external liaison with the Department of Commerce (DoC), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Congress, and the public on all budgetary matters related to NIST.
The Budget Division is comprised of three groups:
- Formulation and Financial Management Group
- Technical and Extramural Programs Group
- Institutional Support and Facilities Programs Group