This 2.5-hour webinar provides a complete overview of NIST Handbook 133, "Checking the Net Contents of Packaged Goods".
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- IDENTIFY and DESCRIBE Handbook 133 basic requirements for checking the net content of packaged goods, and
- RECOGNIZE the various gravimetric and volumetric test procedures, as well as test procedures for packages labeled by count, linear measure, area, and thickness.
Materials & Supplies
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
In order to receive a digital Certificate of Attendance, students must be in attendance for the entire webinar.
Weights and Measures Officials and Industry.
The Office of Weights and Measures (OWM) online webinar training fees have been waived and are currently available free of charge. In person Seminar fees have not changed. OWM encourages our community to participate in this professional development opportunity to build and extend their technical skills. For more information on OWM training fees, please click here.
Phone: (301) 975-4868
Email: david.sefcik [at] nist.gov
The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred).
1. Operating System (browser) configurations:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (v42.0 & above)
- Mac OS
- Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above), and Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- NOTE: The webinar will be a live stream, so participants must have a constant connection during the webinar (hard-wired is preferred). OWM discourages using the Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android because engaging with highly technical content and interactive polls are challenging on a small screen.
3. Media players
- In order to access the event, you must have, at a minimum, Adobe® Flash® Player 13 or higher installed on your computer. Please visit http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player.
4.International Phone Calls
- Before the webinar – Participants are responsible for verifying and testing that international calling is enabled on any telephone extension that will be used during the webinar. Some organizations permit only domestic calls, which may restrict the participant from making an international call to the OWM toll free number. A request to enable international call services may be necessary. Failing to test international phone service could prevent participation in the webinar.
5. Optional: If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
* Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.