Captions will be available by 11/2
Recent Cybersecurity Framework-Based Guidance Matt Barrett
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework Threat Profiles Ari Schwartz
- Cybersecurity Act of 2015 Section 405(d) Erik Decker
- FSSCC Cybersecurity Profile Josh Magri
October’s “Next Up!” Webcast will focus on recent multi-sector work-products that exemplify best practices for cybersecurity risk management, incorporating the Cybersecurity Framework. This webcast will act as a primer for the upcoming NIST Risk Management Conference to facilitate knowledgeable conversations about recent industry efforts.
Panelists include representatives from the Financial Services Sector Coordinating Council (FSSCC), U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS), the Coalition for Cybersecurity Policy and Law, and others.
Each organization’s work product that will be discussed is briefly introduced below:
- The Financial Services Sector Cybersecurity Profile is a harmonized approach to cybersecurity that recognizes the multiple, often overlapping, regulations and supervisory/examining agency approaches, while fostering an efficient, results-oriented approach to cybersecurity for institutions of all sizes and complexity.
- The Cybersecurity Act of 2015 (CSA) 405(d) Guidance aligns healthcare cybersecurity approaches by identifying the current most prevalent threats facing the industry, and establishing cybersecurity practices to mitigate them.
- The Cybersecurity Coalition Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) & BotNet Profiles are used to assist in identifying opportunities to improve DDoS or BotNet threat mitigations and aids in cybersecurity prioritization by comparing current state with the desired target state.
At the conclusion of the event, speakers will address questions sent to email@example.com or Twitter using the hashtag #cyberframework.
In case you missed it, check out our last Next Up! Webcast at https://www.nist.gov/news-events/events/2018/07/cybersecurity-framework-webcast-next