The NIST Configurable Data Curation System (CDCS), which began as the Materials Data Curation System (MDCS), is a flexible framework that enables communities to deploy services that provide a means for capturing, sharing, and transforming data and metadata into a structured format, that is machine actionable and amenable to transformation to other formats. This framework has been adopted in a number of communities resulting in the creation of a number of services including:
- Materials Resource Registry
- Phase-Based Data Repository
- Additive Manufacturing Materials Database
- Smart Manufacturing Systems (SMS) Test Bed Query-able Data Repository
- High-Throughput Experimental Materials Science Registry and Repository
This event is the inaugural occurrence of our annual convention. The goal of this workshop is to improve collaboration and communication within the community, such that solutions developed outside of NIST can be shared broadly.