See Annotated Full Election Process
Cross-Reference: Full Election Process vs. Ken Bennett Process Models [ xls ]
Cross-Reference: Ken Bennett Full Election Process Functions
Pre-Election Process Functions
- begin Election
- include Contest on Ballot
- register Candidate(s) for Election
- include Candidate(s) on Ballot
- register Voter
- define Election
- define Ballot
- implement Ballot to support Voter Needs
- Election Official prepares Election Equipment for Election Process
- Election Official installs Ballot on Election Equipment
- Election Official verifies Election Equipment is ready to use Ballot
- Election Equipment is Delivered to the Polling Station
Election Process Functions
- open polls for Election
- Election Official authenticates Voter for Election
- Election Official identifies Ballot for Voter with Voter Needs
- Election Official identifies Interface for Voter with Voter Needs
- Election Official assigns Ballot to Voter with Voter Needs
- Election Official and/or Voter select Interface meeting Voter's Voter Needs
- connect Voter and Blank Ballot
- Voter interacts with Ballot via Interface
- Voter edits Ballot via Interface
- Voter reads Ballot via Interface
- Voter interprets Ballot via Interface
- Voter selects Contest Choices via Interface
- Voter deselects Contest Choices via Interface
- Voter navigates Contest Choices via Interface
- Voter verifies Contest Choices via Interface
- Voter casts Ballot as Cast Vote Record via Interface
- Voter cancels Ballot via Interface
- track Election Operation Status via Election Information
- Election Official closes polls for Election
Post-Election Process Functions
- Election Official transfers data to local election official
- Election Official counts Contest Choices on Cast Vote Record
- Election Official consolidates Counted Vote Totals
- Election Official reports Counted Vote Totals to Election Results Consumers
- Election Official reports Intermediate Election Results to Election Results Consumer
- Election Official validates Official Election Results
- Election Official reports Official Election Results to Election Results Consumers
- Election Official corrects Election Operation Errors
- Election Official archives Election Information
- Election Official archives Election Equipment
- Election Official audits Election Information
- Election Official audits Election Equipment
- Election Participants accept Official Election Results
- end Election
Voting TWiki Archive (2015-2020): read-only, archived wiki site, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
ARCHIVE SITE DESCRIPTION AND DISCLAIMER
This page, and related pages, represent archived materials (pages, documents, links, and content) that were produced and/or provided by members of public working groups engaged in collaborative activities to support the development of the Voluntary Voting System Guidelines (VVSG) 2.0. These TWiki activities began in 2015 and continued until early 2020. During that time period, this content was hosted on a Voting TWiki site. That TWiki site was decommissioned in 2020 due to technology migration needs. The TWiki activities that generated this content ceased to operate actively through the TWiki at the time the draft VVSG 2.0 was released, in February of 2020. The historical pages and documents produced there have been archived now in read-only, static form.
- The archived materials of this TWiki (including pages, documents, links, content) are provided for historical purposes only.
- They are not actively maintained.
- They are provided "as is" as a public service.
- They represent the "work in progress" efforts of a community of volunteer members of public working groups collaborating from late 2015 to February of 2020.
- These archived materials do not necessarily represent official or peer-reviewed NIST documents nor do they necessarily represent official views or statements of NIST.
- Unless otherwise stated these materials should be treated as historical, pre-decisional, artifacts of public working group activities only.
- NIST MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND DATA ACCURACY.
- NIST does not warrant or make any representations regarding the correctness, accuracy, reliability or usefulness of the archived materials.
ARCHIVED VOTING TWIKI SITE MATERIALS
This wiki was a collaborative website. NIST does not necessarily endorse the views expressed, or concur with the facts presented on these archived TWiki materials. Further, NIST does not endorse any commercial products that may be mentioned in these materials. Archived material on this TWiki site is made available to interested parties for informational and research purposes. Materials were contributed by Participants with the understanding that all contributed material would be publicly available. Contributions were made by Participants with the understanding that that no copyright or patent right shall be deemed to have been waived by such contribution or disclosure. Any data or information provided is for illustrative purposes only, and does not imply a validation of results by NIST. By selecting external links, users of these materials will be leaving NIST webspace. Links to other websites were provided because they may have information that would be of interest to readers of this TWiki. No inferences should be drawn on account of other sites being referenced, or not referenced, from this page or these materials. There may be other websites or references that are more appropriate for a particular reader's purpose.