Digital Identity Guidelines
The official draft of Special Publication (SP) 800-63-3: Digital Identity Guidelines is now open for public comment! The public draft will have a 60-day open comment period, closing on March 31.
Much has changed since this summer’s public preview, where we learned from experts, industry stakeholders, and TIG pilots. We used the public preview to solicit feedback via our GitHub pages site and there were over 3,757 unique visitors—with contributors submitting 258 ‘issues’ that were resolved as we prepared this public draft. Among the many changes in the updated version are a new name, updates to levels of assurance and privacy, and a range of federation options.
More details about the draft SP, webinar, and information about what is new are available on our blog!
This is a collaborative effort with NIST’s Computer Security Division. You can visit the computer security resource center for more information.
- Public draft on GitHub
- PDF version and comment matrix
- Video: public draft webinar recording
- Public draft webinar slides
- Computer Security Division page on digital authentication
- Source information, current standards, and public comments received through May 2015
Related blog posts
Thank you for a successful public preview | September 2016
- Public preview announcement | May 2016
- Feedback reminder | July 2016