USG Access to Copyrighted Standards in the Registry of USG Recommended Biometric Standards
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have provided funds to purchase single use licenses for fifteen of the copyrighted standards cited in the Registry of USG Recommended Biometric Standards. These licensed InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS) documents are being made available to United States Government (USG) workers (i.e., USG employees or USG contractors).
To receive an electronic copy, click on the email address below (located within the parenthesis) for each standard you are requesting. Requests made from a “.gov” email address will be directly fulfilled. Requests made from a non-USG email account must include a point of contact to a USG sponsor for verification purposes. An electronic copy of the requested standard will be sent out once the requester is verified. In requesting these documents, you are agreeing to the End User License Agreement (EULA) .
The National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) Subcommittee on Biometrics and Identity Management (BIdM) served many years as part of the internal deliberative process of the NSTC. As part of the Subcommittee's interagency coordination activities, BIdM provided technical leadership in the development and implementation of interoperable federal biometric systems. To this end, the Subcommittee developed the NSTC Policy for Enabling the Development, Adoption and Use of Biometric Standards, which calls for the establishment and maintenance of the Registry of USG Recommended Biometric Standards (Registry). This Registry is based upon interagency consensus on biometric standards required to enable the interoperability of various Federal biometric applications, and to guide Federal agencies as they develop and implement related biometric programs.
With the expiration of the BIdM charter, NSTC has assigned NIST the role of hosting and maintaining the Registry.
- INCITS 358:2002 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - American National Standard for Information Technology – The BioAPI Specification
- INCITS 358:2002 AMD1 – 2007 (email@example.com)
- INCITS 378:2004 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - American National Standard for Information Technology — Finger Minutiae Format for Data Interchange
- NCITS 381:2004 (email@example.com) - American National Standard for Information Technology — Finger Image-Based Data Interchange Format
- INCITS 398:2008 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Common Biometric Exchange Formats Framework (CBEFF)
- INCITS 423.1:2008 (email@example.com) - Conformance testing Methodology Standard for Biometric Data Interchange Format Standards – Part 1: Generalized Conformance Testing Methodology
- INCITS 423.2:2008 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Conformance testing Methodology Standard for Biometric Data Interchange Format Standards - Part 2: Conformance Testing, Finger Minutia
- INCITS 442:2008 (email@example.com) - Biometric Identity Assurance Services (BIAS)
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19784-1:2007 (firstname.lastname@example.org) BioAPI – Biometric Application Programming Interface – Part 1: BioAPI Specification
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19784-2:2008 (email@example.com) Biometric Application Programming Interface (BioAPI) – Part 2: Biometric Archive Function Provider Interface
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19794-2:2007 (firstname.lastname@example.org)— Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 2: Finger minutiae data
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19794-4:2007 (email@example.com)— Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 4: Finger image data
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19794-5:2007 (firstname.lastname@example.org)— Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 5: Face image data
- INCITS/ISO/IEC 19794-6:2007 (email@example.com) - Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 6: Iris image data
- INCITS/ ISO/IEC 19795-1:2007 (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?Subject=Request%20INCITS/%20ISO/IEC%2019795-1:2007) - Biometric Performance Testing and Reporting – Part 1: Principles and Framework
Note: If you would like all the above standards, send email to email@example.com .